Chapter 197 - Side Story 2 (2)

Yan Chichi noticed that he had caught her attention, and a gleam of excitement flashed under his eyes. He bulged his cheeks, then raised his chubby hand, covered his mouth, and said in a muffled voice: "Mom, I feel lonely being all by myself."

Acting pitifully as he hit around the bush was the best way to go about it.

"......" Chen Jinyao narrowed her eyes, not knowing how to respond to him.

She saw her own reflection in his obsidian eyes.

In a serious manner, as he waited for her response.

Yan Cheng, who was in the driver's seat, sneered.

The car slowly came to a stop before the red light at the intersection.

He looked up and glanced into the car's rear view mirror.

"Do you know anything about loneliness? Why are you lonely?"

Friends and relatives all told him that his kid, Yan Chichi, was a bundle of joy, to the extent that he gave them plenty of headaches.

Yan Cheng slowly retracted his gaze, lifted his fingers lightly, and knocked on the steering wheel.

"Of course I know about it." said Yan Chichi, and then explained pitifully, "Dad, you have mum and mum, you have daddy, but look at me, I have no one, how pitiful."

His tone was firm, as if what he just said was true.

Chen Jinyao laughed blankly, "What nonsense, you have mom and dad."

With that said.

Yan Chichi replied: "Forget it."

His tone sounded deep, "Let's not talk about it, you guys won't understand even if I continued."

"........."

When they got home.

He hurriedly pulled Yan Cheng along into the study.

When the door closed shut, he got straight to the point.

"Dad, Mummy said that my birthday is around the corner......"

After a pause, he scowled his little face as his little fingers squirmed around, and slowly continued: "I have a birthday wish, can you help me to realize it?"

Yan Cheng was slightly surprised by this, he calmly raised his eyebrows, "Go on."

"You have to promise me first." Yan Chichi felt that he had to get his promise first, to feel a sense of security. He lowered his head shyly, as he hesitated, even his voice unconsciously softened, "I'll only tell you if you promise me."

After thinking about it for a moment, he raised his little hand and swore, "Don't worry, dad, I promise that it isn't anything harmful."

Yan Cheng: "......"

What kind of TV shows does he watch?

Seeing that his father was silent and did not answer him,

Yan Chichi became anxious, he stomped his short legs as he sighed "haiya", and then blurted, "I just want a younger sister."

"Dad, can you give birth to a younger sister for me?"

"........."

Daddy doesn't want to answer you, Daddy just wants to ease himself from the shock.

The chatterbox looked at his father with his sullen eyes.

His clear pair of eyes was filled with sincerity.

If dad doesn't speak, then he will do the honours.

He believes that with his constant persuasion, his dad will waver.

"Dad, don't you want a cute daughter?"

"She'll be much more well-behaved compared to me, more obedient, and as beautiful as mummy."

He looked up and noticed that his father's expression had slightly loosened, Yan Chichi clenched his small fist and continued on: "Uncle said he wanted a daughter, because a daughter would become the apple of the father's eye."

"With a younger sister by my side, I won't feel lonely."

"Also, also, when you and mummy are busy with work, I can help to take care of her."

"So the both of you won't have to worry."

"You don't have to worry about loving my younger sister more than me. I have been showered in both of your love for the past five to six years, it's about time for me to share some with my younger sister."

A real man should have a big heart! ! !

"My toys, my snacks, I can give them all to her."

.........

.........

He talked on and on.

Coupled with his sincere expression, he couldn't bear to cut him off.

Yan Cheng patiently listened to him.

Finally, he smiled and rubbed his little head.

"Chichi."

"Daddy knows that you will be an excellent elder brother."

Yan Cheng squinted his peachy eyes, curled his lips, and reasoned with his son, "Daddy used to want to have a daughter, but now I have you, and that's fine with me too. The main point is that you want a younger sister, but mummy goes through an extremely tough time to be pregnant with a younger sister."

"Dad doesn't want mom to go through the pain again, do you understand?"

Yan Chichi blinked as if he didn't fully understand what he meant by that.

He pursed his lips and fell deep into thought with his brows furrowed.

"And, it might not even be a younger sister."

Yan Cheng raised his hand and gave Yan Chichi's little nose a tap. "It could also turn out to be a younger brother."

The atmosphere suddenly solidified.

There was a moment of silence.

"Daddy."

"Um."

"I won't accept that."

"........."

"If it turns out to be a younger brother, it'll be better to just throw him in the trash can."

"....................."

"Son, you have to always put yourself in the other party's position." Yan Cheng said softly.

Yan Chichi: "???"