Chapter 107 - All Too Familiar Scene (1)

Almost at around 11 o'clock, the plane landed steadily at Hongqiao Airport.

The moment the plane landed, the announcement sounded. Chen Jinyao unbuckled her seatbelt and took her cell out from her bag, turning off flight mode as soon as possible and went online. Then, she went on WeChat and quickly looked at her friend updates.

The group photo she posted received a lot of likes.

The comments at the bottom were even more bizarre. Chen Jinyao lowered her eyes and quickly swept through it. After some thought, she tilted her head over to Yan Cheng's shoulder, leaning on it. "Student Yan Cheng, it feels like the two of us are doing bad things in secret."

Some of the people in the cabin have already stood up and begun grabbing their luggage.

This act of convicting herself without reason was quite confusing to Yan Cheng. He didn't even understand why she would say such a thing. "?????"

Chen Jinyao handed her phone over for him to see.

Then it finally dawned on him. The man pursed his lips and retorted in a quiet voice. "You're overthinking things. You'll get used to it if we show off more pictures of the two of us in the future."

Chen Jinyao, "..."

Yan Cheng showed a tart expression. "Hold your head up, alright?"

"Okay, okay." She endured the urge to laugh.

Yan Cheng glanced at her from the corner of his eye and cleared his throat. "If you're going to say it like that, then even the most normal and justifiable things will feel like it's something bad."

"..." That was a quite apt reasoning. Chen Jinyao couldn't hold back anymore and let out a laugh. She was unable to hold back from loosing her voice by Yan Cheng's ear. "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha."

And so, in the next moment, Yan Cheng pushed her away in annoyance.

Even though he pushed her away like that, it still could not hide the deep trepidation in his heart.

As for where that trepidation comes from...

Chen Jinyao frowned and guessed it was probably because of a certain Brother Ren whom they have forcibly crowned as a secret admirer and rival in love.

On the plane, she told him a lot of stories about when she was still in college.

Those early days were the best days for nostalgia, but also most suitable for highly exaggerated bragging. But in the end, she didn't really get to brag, just toppled over a large pot of vinegar.

From the moment they got off the plane to the bus that took them to the safety exit, Yan Cheng was holding her hand the whole way through and never let it loose for a second.

"..." Chen Jinyao looked down and stared for a while. Somehow, the feeling of a sweet spring began flowing through her heart and filling her chest with sweetness.

She couldn't deny that her heart was jumping uncontrollably.

And, the only thing she can manage now was to keep up her calm and unperturbed look.

The bus was crowded. Shielding her behind him, Yan Cheng's hand continued holding onto her.

Chen Jinyao wiggled left and right in an attempt to get out, but to no avail. Instead, she was squeezed even tighter.

Yan Cheng looked back at her. "The exit is right ahead, be careful or you'll get lost."

Chen Jinyao, "..."

Following that was dead silence as Chen Jinyao resisted the urge to beat him to death.

To be frank, the two of them have been sticking to each other for some time but they have never stuck to each other to such an extent. They rarely ever held onto each other's hands like this when they went out. She would either be holding his arm or they would simply go their own way, side by side, or she would just walk behind him.

Furthermore, the most important point is the fact that it was getting hotter and hotter as the day went. Due to Yan Cheng's physique, Chen Jinyao was worried that he would have sweaty palms.

And it was also this moment that Yan Cheng had begun silently marking his territory with abandon.

...

Gu Ci practically caught Chen Jinyao the moment she came out.

And, an all too familiar scene reappeared.