Prologue

Madison is sitting with her legs crossed, on her bed with a spell book in her lap. Sarah is laying on Madison's floor, flat on her stomach, also with her nose in a spell book. The girls have been trying to further their research in their powers and trying to actually get Sarah's activated. "Find anything?" Sarah asks from Madison's floor.

Madison sighs before replying "Not since you asked me five minutes ago."

"I'm sorry," She says as she gets up from the floor with the book in her hands and walks to Madison, and sits down in front of her. Madison looks up at her sister and sees the frustration in her eyes. "It's just that- we've been at this for days and we've still come up with nothing."

"Yeah, I know, but at least I'm learning some spells while we're at it," Madison points out with a smile on her face. "If anything, we can just look in the basement and see if there are any other books that could help."

"We could also check mom's closet," Sarah suggests with a smirk on her lips. "We haven't checked there yet."

Before Madison could reply, they hear a knock on her window and their heads whip towards it to see Scott crouched outside. She throws her book onto her bed with a smile on her face before getting up and quickly walking to her window. She opens it and Scott climbs inside, closing the window behind him. "Why didn't you use the door?" Madison asks him, still with a smile on her face.

"I don't think your mom would let me in this late after what happened last week," Scott admits before letting out a laugh.

"I don't think I should be hearing this, so I'm going to leave," Sarah says as she gets up from Madison's bed and walks to the door. "It was nice to see you again, Scott," Sarah adds before leaving Madison's room and heading downstairs.

"Now that she's gone, I can do what I came over for," Scott replies before smashing his lips onto hers. Madison immediately closes her eyes as she melts into the kiss, absolutely loving how he feels against her.

"You came over to kiss me?" Madison asks after pulling out of the kiss. Scott's hands rest on her face as her hands are on his wrists.

"I came over to see if you wanted to hang out with me and Stiles, actually," Scott admits before glancing over at her bed. "But I can see you're already busy." Madison pushes away from him and follows his gaze, seeing that he saw the spell books on her bed.

"Yeah, sorry," she admits as she turns towards him again. "Maybe another night?" Scott nods before kissing her one more time before leaving to go to Stiles. Madison sighs as she plops herself onto her bed and goes back to reading the spell books.

°°°°

A/n

The start of a difficult book... It's gonna get bad and idk if I should apologize for it or not