Difficult Day

Madison wakes up the next morning with the sun shining through her window. She lets out a groan as she pulls her blanket over her face, and as she does, her alarm goes off. Throwing her covers off of her body, she sits up and turns off her alarm, then sees a note sitting next to her phone. She reaches for the note and sees her name scribbled on the top in handwriting she doesn't recognize. Opening the piece of paper, her eyes scan over the words.

Hey Madison,
Sorry I left. You passed out in the middle of watching Clueless and I didn't want to disturb you. By the way, your sister caught me before I started writing this, so busted I guess. But I had fun last night, you know, before you passed out. And if Derek did overhear your conversation with Scott, I hope everything goes well there.
~ Isaac
p.s. Your snoring is more adorable than it is annoying. I could totally get used to it.

Madison laughs as she shakes her head at the Lahey boy before setting the note back next to her phone. She gets up and walks into her closet, picking out her outfit for the day and walking out, throwing her clothes onto her bed. As she gets dressed, her mind wanders about last night and the note that Isaac left.

Was he flirting with her about her snoring? And if he was, did she actually want to let him keep flirting with her? If Derek did overhear her conversation with Scott, then that can't go well. She really does love Derek and doesn't want anything to happen. If their relationship were to end, she would feel absolutely crushed.

Madison pushes all the thoughts out of her head and walks into her bathroom, looking at her outfit in the mirror. She's wearing a pair of black sweats and a black shirt, topped with a black and gray flannel and a pair of black converse on her feet.

Madison smiles slightly before grabbing her brush and brushing through her hair. She grabs a ponytail off of the counter and pulls her hair back into a messy bun. Grabbing her toothbrush, she quickly brushes her teeth before walking out of the bathroom. She puts on a necklace and a ring on her left index finger before grabbing her bag, throwing it over her shoulder.

She grabs her keys off her desk, walks to her nightstand and grabs her phone. As she shoves her phone into her pocket, she looks at the note Isaac left for her. Without thinking, she grabs it and shoves it into one of the pockets in the flannel. She walks out of her room and closes the door behind her, walking downstairs and into the kitchen.

Sarah is sitting at the island and is scrolling through her phone as she sips from her cup. Madison walks to the fridge and grabs out a water bottle before closing it and faces Sarah. "Where's mom?" Madison asks.

"No clue," Sarah responds. "She wasn't home when I woke up."

"Do you think she fell asleep at work?"

"She's a newscaster. How would she fall asleep?"

"She's done it these past couple nights," Madison responds with a shrug. "We'll call her later and make sure she's okay."

"Okay," Sarah responds with a nod. "Have a good day at school."

"Thank you?" Madison walks out of the kitchen and heads to the front door. She swings it open and is startled when she sees Isaac standing there. "What are you doing here?"

"I was gonna see if you could give me a ride to school," Isaac responds as he fixes his backpack strap.

"How'd you get here?"

"I walked." Madison smiles at him as she closes the door behind her.

"Come on." Isaac smiles at her as they walk to her car and get inside. They put their bags in the back and Madison puts the water in the cup holder before turning her car on and driving to school.