Boy toy

Later at lunch, Madison was sitting at a table by herself with her nose in a book when she heard someone set their tray down next to her. When she looks at the person, she sees Carter smiling at her as he sits next to her. “You don’t mind if I eat with you, do you?” He asks as he sets his backpack down on the cafeteria floor. 

“Well, you’re already sitting here, so I guess it’d be rude of me to say that you couldn’t,” Madison answers before going back to her book.

“What do you wanna talk about?” Carter asks after a few seconds, his mouth full of an apple. 

“Well, if I wanted to talk, I’d say something about you talking with your mouth full and how gross it is,” Madison remarks as she glances up at Carter, who was swallowing the food that was in his mouth. “But I don’t want to talk. All I wanna do is read, okay?” Madison goes back to her book, but before she can get any further, she hears the entire cafeteria go quiet and she looks up from her book again to see what they were all staring at. 

Erica was walking into the cafeteria, looking better than ever, considering when she was last seen at the school, she was having a seizure in the gym. She walks up to a table and grabs an apple that was sitting on someone’s tray and takes a bite of it before smiling at them and walks back the way she came from. Seconds later, she sees Scott and Stiles chase after her, which causes her to shoot up from her seat, grabbing all of her belongings before following after them. 

When they all storm out of the cafeteria and outside the school, with Madison coincidentally right in between the both of them, and see Erica getting into the passenger side of Derek’s car. Derek makes eye contact with Madison, who looks turned on by just his look, and smiles at her before winking at her and then drives away from the school. 

Scott and Stiles had followed Derek’s gaze and had finally realized that Madison was standing in between them, which made them both confused. “Did Derek just wink at you?” Scott asked, sounding jealous. Madison snaps out of the transe that she was in and looks at Scott with a confused look on her face. 

“I’m not answering that,” Madison says before storming back into the school, Scott and Stiles immediately following after her. 

“What’s with you? Why have you been pushing us away?” Madison stops in her tracks and turns to face the two of them with an angered look on her face. 

“I am not pushing you away. It feels like you guys are doing that to me because I had to hear about Isaac almost killing Stiles from Derek of all people and not from you guys. And what’s worse is that my own boyfriend is cheating on me and hasn’t had the heart to tell me, and you’re cheating on me with my ex-girlfriend of all people.” Scott’s eyes widen in shock as Madison confesses on what she knows. Scott is unable to say anything as he continues to look at Madison, not even denying what she said. “So I am right. You are cheating on me. It’s whatever, Scott. You go get fucked by her, I don’t care anymore. I’ll just go to Derek and he can fuck me in every way possible.” Madison turns on her heels and walks away from them, leaving both boys completely speechless as she walks back to the cafeteria for the remainder of lunch. 

°°°°

Madison gets home from school that day and immediately storms into her room, throwing her backpack onto her floor before pacing back and forth, unable to stop the panic attack that she’s about to have. Her breathing is getting heavier and shorter as she feels the room is getting smaller and smaller. She runs a hand through her hair before closing her eyes and stops her pacing as she tries to focus on her breathing. 

“Breathe, Madison,” She says to herself before inhaling through her nose and holding her breath. She counts to five in her head before slowly letting her breath out. She repeats the process until she’s able to breathe again, and then lets out a frustrated sigh before opening her eyes and is met with another pair looking at her, causing her to jump.