Deep conversation

Later that night, Madison was sitting in her room, snacking on a few granola bars as she does her homework and listens to her music and full blast. After about an hour into her playlist, she feels someone tap on her shoulder, which startles her as she pauses her music as she looks up at the person.

"What are you doing here, Derek?" She asks as she takes her headphones out of her tears. 

"Well I thought I'd come and check up on you considering you weren't anywhere with any of us tonight," Derek replies as he plops himself onto her bed. Madison rolls her eyes as she slams her books closed with her magic. 

"Yeah, I think that was kind of on purpose. No one told me about anything." She looks up at Derek and smiles at him. "God, you're talking and hanging out with me more than my own boyfriend is. I hate to say that I might've been right."

"Right about what?" Derek asks, seeming curious. 

"That he's cheating on me. I mean, I don't know who it's with yet, but the other night, he was over and we were doing homework. Then we started making out, but then he said that he needed to meet up with Stiles to talk about things, which I knew was a lie because when I suggested that I'd go with him, he sounded scared when he replied."

"I think I might know who it could be," Derek says, his voice sounding a little hesitant. Madison furrows her eyebrows in confusion as she looks in his eyes, telling him to go on. Derek lets out a sigh as he breaks eye contact with Madison for a split second before looking back up at her before saying "Allison." 

Madison's face falls as she breaks eye contact with Derek and tries to hold back the tears that she feels coming on. "Are you sure?" Madison asks, her voice sounding almost hurt. 

"Not really, but- I don't know. I hope I'm wrong." Madison looks up at him and smiles as she shakes off her feelings. 

"It's whatever," Madison answers as she grabs her homework and gets off her bed to put her stuff on her desk. "What happened tonight? I heard you turned Isaac into a werewolf." Madison turns to face Derek and sees that he's leaning back on her pillows with his legs up on her bed and he's looking at her with a smile on her face. 

"What?" She asks him as she walks up to him. She sits down next to him on her bed and looks up at him with a smile on her face. 

"Nothing," Derek replies as he shakes his head and smiles back at her. "What were you asking me about?" 

"I asked what happened tonight," Madison replies as she lays her head on Derek's chest. Derek hesitates, at first, but then wraps his arms around the brunette before replaying the events that had happened that night. 

"He almost killed Stiles?" Madison asks as she shoots up from Derek's chest. 

"He tried to, but I got to him before he could do anything," Derek replies as his hand rests on Madison's hip. 

"Well thank you for saving one of the few people in my life that I know I can truly trust," Madison says to him with a smile on her face before laying back down on his chest. 

"You're welcome," Derek replies with a smile on his face as well. Madison can feel his heart start to race, but it only puts a smile to her face as she feels her eyes close, and seconds later, she's fast asleep in Derek's arms. 

°°°°

The entire pack was fighting off what looked like to be a huge pack of alpha's. Scott was knocked back by the werewolf he was fighting and when he lifted his head, his eyes were red. He shakes his head and his eyes go back to golden yellow.