Heartbreaking News

Madison gets home around one in the morning after Lydia's party gets raided by the cops. She had called Derek more than once to make sure he was okay, but his phone kept going to voicemail, sending her into a panicked state.

She goes through the events of what happened tonight through her head as she sits down on the edge of her bed. Stiles, Scott, Allison and Carter all wished her a happy birthday tonight when they saw her, and Lydia completely ignored her after handing her a cup of the punch. She had eventually found out from Scott that it was laced with wolfsbane and she had to drink a lot of water to make herself sober enough to drive herself home.

The punch had made everyone hallucinate, and it made Madison hallucinate her dark self taking over her. It had scared her so much that she never wanted to use magic again.

Madison is pulled out of her daydream as she hears someone knock on her window. Her head whips towards it and sees Carter kneeling in front of it. She stands up from her bed with a confused look on her face and walks over to the window, opening to let Carter into her room. "Are you okay?" She asks as he comes into her room and she closes the window.

When she gets a good look at his attire, she sees that he's still wearing what he wore to the party, which was a black dress shirt and a pair of dress pants, but his sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and his hair is completely disheveled. "What's wrong, Carter?"

He looks at her with a broken expression on his face before saying, "My mom's dead." Madison's face softens as she walks closer to him and pulls him in for a hug. He accepts the hug and breathes in her scent, only to start crying immediately after.

"It's going to be okay." Madison strokes his hair in comfort. Carter pulls out of the hug and Madison places her hands on his face, wiping away the tears on his cheeks.

"Do you think I can stay here tonight? I can't go back home just yet."

"Yeah, of course," Madison replies with a nod before pushing away from him. "You can use my shower if you want."

"No, I'm okay. I just want to lay down. Can I sleep in here with you?" Madison hesitates before nodding in response, knowing he needs it.

"I just need to change real quick, okay?" Carter nods and Madison smiles at him before walking towards her closet. She takes off her shoes and socks before taking off the dress she was wearing, along with the bra. Grabbing one of the pairs of boxers she has, she slips them into her body before grabbing a shirt and pulling it over her head.

Madison walks out of her closet and sees Carter laying on her bed, his eyes wandering like he's thinking about something. She walks over to her light and turns it off before walking to her bed and laying down next to Carter.

"I'm really sorry about your mom," Madison says in a soft voice and Carter smiles softly at her before scooting closer to her.

"Thanks," He says as he lays his head on her chest and puts his arms around her. Madison freezes before wrapping her arms around him. "And thank you for letting me stay here."

"Of course. I know you need someone right now and I'm always here for you."

"I really appreciate that, Mads." Both teenagers fall asleep, unaware of what's going on as they sleep.

°°°°

Madison wakes up to the sound of someone softly knocking on her window. When she opens her eyes, she sees Carter laying next to her asleep. She smiles, but it fades when she hears someone knock on her window again. Sighing, she pushes herself out of bed and walks up to the window.

She sees Derek crouching down in front of the window and her brows furrowed in confusion. Opening the window, Derek climbs through and closes it immediately after. "What are you doing here?" Madison asks in a whisper, trying not to wake up Carter.

"Argent is coming after us, including Gerard," Derek explains, before quickly adding, "We're going into hiding."

"Okay, don't talk about it so loud with Carter right there." Madison points towards the sleeping Carter on her bed. Derek looks over at him and then looks back at Madison, pissed. "Look, he needed a friend, okay? I wasn't going to turn him away when he needed someone. You know that's not who I am."

Derek's face softens as he looks at her and nods. "I know," He whispers. "Look, just... use this to find us, okay?" He hands her one of his leather jackets and smiles at her. "And when you do find us, let me know if you're going to be staying, okay?" Madison nods and Derek sighs before pulling her in for a kiss. When he pulls away, it shows in his eyes, as well as hers, that the kiss they just shared felt different than the other ones that they've shared.

"I love you," Madison whispers.

"I love you, too," he whispers back before opening her window and leaving her room. Madison stays in the place she's in for a few seconds before closing her window. She puts Derek's leather jacket under her bed and climbs back into bed, struggling to fall back asleep.

°°°°

A/n

I love Madison and Carter's friendship so much <3

Also, I skipped writing two episodes for writing cuz I honestly couldn't think of anything to write for Madison to be added into it. I know the two episodes I skipped have a significance to the plot and the season, I just... idk lol. I hope you liked this chapter tho

And did we see the It Ends With Us movie trailer? I did and it actually looks better than I thought it would. Still don't really care for the casting all that much tho lol. I mean, I love Blake Lively, but she just wasn't the perfect casting for Lily