Black Magic

Madison gets home from school and immediately goes back to the spell books. She opens the one that's at her desk and plops herself into her desk chair as her eyes scan over the words very quickly. 

She sighs and throws the book to the side, knowing she's already looked through that book at least ten times already, before getting up and walking out of her room. She looks at the end of the hall and at her mom's bedroom. She looks towards the stairs and calls out for her mom and sister, but no one replies, so she walks towards her mom's room. She knocks on the door before opening the door and walking inside. She walks to her mom's closet and opens it quietly before looking up at the top shelf inside, seeing a book separated from everything. 

Madison stands on the tips of her toes as she reaches for the book, grabbing it with one hand before pulling it close to her body as she closes the doors to the closet. She immediately leaves her mom's room and closes the door behind her before heading to her room and closing the door behind her. 

Sitting on her bed, she reads the cover of the book, which reads Book of Shadows. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion before opening the book to the first page, seeing fancy handwriting on the first page. Her hand grazes over the writing as she reads This has been passed down to every Torrez witch and has been written in by every generation. Treat this book like your life depends on it, because it does. We hope this treats you well and helps you through learning about your powers. From, first generation of Torrez witches. 

Madison smiles to herself as she flips to the second page and notices a Table of Contents, which causes her to laugh. She sees a chapter on black magic and immediately flips to the page. 

Be aware when you use these spells. There are huge consequences for when you do use them. 

Death, hurt, resurrection, banishing, binding, conjuring, energy, nightmare, power, revenge, bad luck, and misfortune spells are all considered to be black magic spells. 

Black magic spells are spells that are considered to try and influence normal lives of others, so they can be extremely dangerous if they backfire. 

Madison hears someone knock on her door and she immediately shuts her book and hides the book under her bed before getting up and walking towards her door. She opens it and is faced with Derek. She lets out a huge sigh of relief before saying "Oh thank god it's just you." She opens her door all the way and goes to sit down on her bed before stopping and furrowing her eyebrows as she turns back around to face Derek, who was still standing by her door. 

"What are you doing here?" She asks in confusion as she plops down on her bed and looks up at him. "No, how do you know where I live and how the hell did you get in?" 

"Your door was unlocked, so I let myself in," He replies like it didn't mean anything to him. "And I followed you here." 

"Why did you follow me to my house?" 

"To see if you really are okay after what happened at the graveyard last night," Derek replies as he walks over to the other side of her bed and sits down next to her as he looks her in the eyes. 

"I'm fine," Madison replies as she continues to hold eye contact with him. 

"No, you aren't. You lied." 

"How would you know?" 

"I listened to your heartbeat," Derek replies as he taps his ear with a smirk on his face. "Do you wanna talk about it?" 

"Not with you," Madison replies as she grabs the book off of her nightstand and opens it to where she left off. 

"Madison," Derek says in a soft tone before putting one of his fingers under his chin and turning her head to where she's looking at him. "It's okay. You can tell me." 

Madison bites her lower lip to prevent the tears from falling down her face as she lowers her gaze down to a spot on her bed. "I have this crystal thing that lets me talk to whoever I want to," Madison admits before letting out a shaky breath. "I mean, it only goes to a full extent and it only goes as far as to how I remember them and I can't ask them things that I don't know the answer to because I don't know the answer to it."

"Okay," Derek says after Madison pauses after a few seconds. "Now who did you first talk to using the crystal?" 

Madison finally makes eye contact with Derek as a tear falls down her cheek before replying "My dad." Derek's eyes are filled with sadness after what Madison had said and tries to hold back from hugging her so he doesn't startle her. 

"Was that the day you first went to your dad's grave?" Derek asks, sounding a bit cautious. 

Madison nods as she wipes the tear off her face. "After I saw and talked to him, Scott had come over with food and a movie, which helped me a little, and then after he left, I went to go to my dad's grave."

"How many people know about the crystal?"

"Just you. And only you and the Sheriff know about me going to my dad's grave. These are just the few things that I don't want to burden people with."

"Well, Scott is your boyfriend, so shouldn't you be telling him these kinds of things instead of me?"

Madison furrows her eyebrows as she looks him in the eyes before asking "Why am I telling you these things?"

Derek shrugs before replying "Maybe it's the thrill of not really knowing me." Derek smiles at Madison, which causes Madison's breath to hitch before returning the smile and breaking eye contact with him. 

"Yeah, maybe," She replies as she lets out a nervous laugh. Derek notices her heart racing, which causes his eyebrows to furrow in confusion. 

"Am I making you nervous?" He asks her with a smirk on his face. 

Madison runs a hand through her hair as she looks up at him, making eye contact with him and their faces are inches apart. She lets out a shaky breath that she didn't know she was holding before replying "Maybe." 

"Why am I making you nervous?" Madison diverts her eyes back to her book, which frustrates Derek, so he asks her again "Why am I making you nervous, Madison?" She looks back up at him and he places one of his hands on her face before rubbing her cheek with his thumb. 

"I-I don't know, but I'm with Scott and I think you should go before something happens," Madison answers without breaking eye contact with Derek. 

Derek smirks before leaning closer to her to where their lips are almost touching and she can feel his breath on her mouth, which sends chills down her body. "Okay," Derek says as he pushes away from Madison and heads back towards her door, but stops and turns to look back at her before adding "You will come to your senses about how you feel soon, Madison." And with that, Derek leaves her house and she lets out a huge breath she was holding. She frustratingly runs a hand through her hair as she leans back on her pillow and closes her eyes before resting her head on her wall. She brings one of her hands to her lips and leaves it there as she smiles to herself, but then shakes the thought out of her head immediately and goes to her desk to do her homework. 

°°°°

A/n

The TENSION! It was put in there purposefully, but I made sure that they wouldn't kiss so she wouldn't cheat on another person. She's learned from her mistakes. Or has she? 😏

Please leave comments. I love seeing what you guys have to say about this. It makes my day lol.