Complete awkwardness

Later that night, Madison is sitting at her desk, finishing up some last minute homework in a pair of pajama shorts and a shirt. When she hears someone knock on her bedroom window, she jumps in her seat and her breathing gets heavier as she looks to see who it is.

Her eyes widen in shock when she sees Stiles crouched in front of it, holding eye contact with her as he points to her window. Madison nods as she gets up and walks over to it, unlocking it and sliding it open for him to climb through.

"What are you doing here?" She asks him as she sits back down in her desk chair and continues to do her homework. Stiles shuts her window before facing her, feeling the awkward tension between them.

"Just to talk," Stiles replies before sitting on her bed, putting his hands in his laps as he stares at her back.

"About what?" She shoots back at him, scribbling out a math problem into her notebook.

"Can you just look at me as I'm talking to you? That'll make it much easier." Madison sighs as she drops her pencil and turns in her chair to face Stiles. She notices his serious facial expression and her gaze doesn't stop there- seeing that he's still in the same clothes he wore to school. "Thank you."

"What do you want to talk about?" Madison questions as she folds her arms over her chest.

"About what happened between us Friday night," Stiles immediately responds.

"Nothing happened, Stiles," Madison says as she laughs and shakes her head.

"We almost kissed!" He remarks, his voice raising a little.

"But we didn't! Almost isn't the same as doing."

"We still need to talk about it though," Stiles suggests, his voice getting softer as he looks down at his hands and his knee bounces up and down. Madison notices his anxious habit and lets out a sigh before getting up out of the chair and sitting right next to him.

"You're right," Madison admits and looks down at her hands as she lets out a sigh. "We do need to talk about it."

"So you felt it too?" He questions, his voice sounding hesitant as his knee continues to bounce up and down.

"Yeah, I did." She looks over at Stiles and smiles when she sees that he was already looking at her. "What the hell was it?"

"Attraction," Stiles responds before letting out a laugh and Madison laughs too as she shakes her head at him. Her gaze goes back to her hands in her lap as she tries to control her breathing.

"But what happened to seeing me as a sister and not a lover? And I'm quoting you on that, so don't judge my word usage." The two share a laugh and Stiles looks back at his hands as he lets out a sigh.

"Nothing really changed, I guess." Stiles looks over at Madison again and smiles at her. "I guess a part of me has always had that attraction towards you since, like, junior high, but I didn't do anything because Scott was madly in love with you and you were madly in love with him."

Madison's heart drops at Stiles' confession as she looks over at him. She smiles at him and he leans closer to her. He goes to kiss her, but she puts her hand on his lips to stop him. Stiles looks at her with a confused face as she removes her hand from his mouth.

"I, uh, have a boyfriend," Madison admits and Stiles' face falls.

"Who is it?" He asks after a few seconds of silence.

"Isaac," She responds, internally cursing at herself for saying his name instead of saying anything else.

"Does he treat you right?"