First Apology

Madison is sitting in the stands of the field as people are filling in, getting ready to watch the lacrosse game. Madison sees Scott fixing his gear and she slightly smiles to herself before shifting uncomfortably in her spot. As she waits for the game to start, her brain goes back to what happened that morning.

"...young lady... horrible daughter... your horrible, pathetic actions... weak and pathetic bitch."

Madison jumps out of her thoughts as she feels her phone ring in her pocket and she sighs in frustration before pulling it out of her pocket and answering it immediately.

"Yeah?" She says to the other person.

It's silent for a second before she hears Derek's voice respond "Meet me in the parking lot." Madison furrows her eyebrows as he hangs up on her and she rolls her eyes before getting up from her seat and shoving her phone into her pocket as she walks down the bleachers, apologizing to each person she passes by before walking out to the parking lot.

Once she gets there, she sees Derek leaning against his car, looking down at his feet before looking up and making eye contact with her. He smiles at her as she approaches him, and she smiles back. "I'm sorry I assumed that someone hurt you," Derek immediately says, his voice sounding genuine. "I was just worried about you."

Madison smiles at him before saying "It's okay to worry, but it isn't okay to assume abuse. I'd tell you if someone was abusing me, okay?"

Derek doesn't respond for a while, making it completely silent between them besides the faint sound of cricket's chirping. "Still, I'm sorry," he finally says.

"I know you are," Madison admits and Derek immediately pulls her to him, holding her to him like his life depended on it. Madison hugs him back as she breathes in his scent, which instantly soothes her. "It was my mom," Madison suddenly blurts out, which causes Derek's body to tense up. Derek takes a few seconds to soak up the information before pushing out of the hug and looks Madison in the eyes, urging her to go on if she wants to.

"She was drunk," She continued, her voice just above a whisper. "She was upset about the barrier spell and assumed I had a boy in my room, then started saying how she doesn't want me to have any boys in the house. She was going to leave, but then I brought up my dad, and she lost it." Madison let out a shaky breath as tears started falling down her face. "She started calling me names, and she put her hands around my neck and started to choke me. After she threw me on the ground, she called me a weak and pathetic bitch, then left." Madison finally looks up at Derek and she can see the rage in his eyes. Madison sighs before adding "It's my fault, anyway, so it doesn't matter."

Derek's look of rage turned into a look of frustration before saying "It was not your fault, Mads." Derek using her nickname made her smile slightly as she looked into his eyes.

"But it was. If I would've just shut my mouth and not have brought up my dad, she wouldn't have choked me or threw me to the ground. However, her slapping me was all on her."

"No, all of it was on her, and none of it was on you, okay?" Derek goes to grab her face, but stops when Madison flinches. "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." She nods as tears threaten her eyes before Derek softly grabs her face and kisses her delicately. Madison grabs his wrists and squeezes them before moving his hands down her body and placing them on her hips before wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. Derek slides his hands to her ass before squeezing it, causing Madison to moan into his mouth.

Madison pulls out of the kiss and rests her head on Derek's as they keep their eyes closed. "I wish I can take you and your ass somewhere far away from here," Derek admits in a low whisper, which makes Madison laugh before opening her eyes and looking up at him.

"Yeah, but you can't," Madison says with a straight face before adding "Because that'd be considered as kidnapping, and we can't have that."

"I'll take what I can get, then," Derek states before pulling her in for another kiss. Madison melts into it, but immediately pulls away.

"I have to go," Madison admits with a sad look on her face. "I don't want to feel the wrath of my mother when she gets home from work, so I'm just going to spend tonight doing homework and chores. Then I'm going to make sure that she's asleep before I go to sleep myself." Derek's demeanor changes as she brings up her mother, and Madison notices almost immediately. "Hey, I'm going to be fine."

"You just need to promise me that if she does hit you again that you come to me and tell me, okay?" Derek says to her with a serious look on his face.

"I promise that I'll come to you," Madison remarks with a smile on her face, which causes Derek to relax before kissing her. "I'll call you after my chores and homework, okay?" Derek nods and Madison kisses him goodbye, then heads to her car. She grabs her keys out of her pocket and unlocks her car before getting inside, closing the door and putting her keys in the ignition, but not turning on her car. Madison takes a deep breath in and puts her hands on the steering wheel before letting the breath out in a huge scream, releasing a large amount of black energy across the school's parking lot, just like what happened that night she talked to Jackson in his car. She lets out a shaky breath before turning her car on and pulling out of the parking lot and heading home, unaware that everyone with heightened hearing heard her scream, and that her sister felt it.

°°°°

A/n

First, sorry for the short chapter lol. Second, see, aren't they adorable? Who cares that their relationship is illegal? At least they're being careful... Hehe...

But, I am so wanting this book to be over already so I can get to the part where Madison uses dark/black magic like 24/7 lol.

However, I love Madison and Derek's relationship, or whatever it is they got going on, so, in the words of Derek, I'll take what I can get. Lol