Words Hurt More Than Actions-Chapter 14

Riley's pov

After school and practice was over I was now home getting ready to go over Cindy's in a bit. It was going on at 4:00 so I didn't want to show up too early or late. While I was putting on my shirt, my phone vibrated. I checked to see who it was and it was just Cindy sending me her location/address. I put on my Crocs and went downstairs. Mchater was on the couch reading and Grandad was watching TV.

Grandad: Aye boy!

Riley: Yeah, Grandad?

Grandad: Where you going!?

Riley: To..... someone's house, Grandad.

I don't even know if we friends, we hate each other but I don't know what to call her.

Grandad: Boy! Don't make me keep yo ass here! Who is that someone boy!?

Riley: ....Cindy Grandad

Grandad: Cindy? Who the hell is Cindy!?

Riley: Grandad I gotta go we'll talk when I get back.

I walked out the house, now leaving to go over to Cindy's.

Huey's pov

Grandad: Cindy, the hell is Cindy

Huey: She is a new white student that just came this year.

Grandad: Well why did he sound so secretive about it. And ain't he with that one girl. What's her name... Damn! Uhhh Savanna, Nooo Leanna, no

Huey: La'Tavia.

Grandad: Say it again boy

Huey: La'Tavia, Grandad. La'Tavia

Grandad: The fuck kinda name is that!? Her parents must've been high, drunk, or on some shit to name her that. What is up with these punky ass names and this punk ass generation I don't understand. I'm too old for this.

Huey: It's just life, Grandad.

Grandad: Speaking of life, when is y'all niggas gonna move out and start an "life" been dealing with y'all badasses since y'all was young.

Huey: I don't know, Grandad.

Soon the door bell ring and me and Grandad was curious on who it is. I had an feeling on who it was to be honest.

Grandad: Boy! Get the door. My fat ass don't feel like moving.

I rolled my eyes and got up to get the door. I assuming it's La'Tavia. I had no choice but to get the door, Grandad was gonna expose Riley on where he was going. I opened the door and it was who I knew it was gonna be. I scowled at her appearance, I hate her so much I don't even know what Riley sees in her. But on the other hand she smiled as bright as she could. Teeth yellow as shit-.

La'Tavia: Heyyy Hueyyyy

Huey: .... What you want.

La'Tavia: Damn sassy much! I just had an question.

Huey: Hurry up you are interrupting my reading.

La'Tavia: Boy bye you know you miss seeing me here been a minute.

Huey: I don't, but hurry up with the question.

La'Tavia: Where's Riley.

Huey: He went to the grocery store

La'Tavia: Boyyy you know he doesn't go shopping, stop lying

Huey: He had to go buy my Grandad some orange juice.

La'Tavia: Okayyy well he should be back soon right?

Huey: No, he won't be back till 6 or 7.

La'Tavia: And why's that?