Why'd You Come Back?-Chapter 42

Cindy's pov

I was changing into my pajamas, I was done for today I wanted to chill. I feel bad for Lacey, she's such a good person. Well at least towards me I don't know about anyone else but I think she's a good person.

I headed downstairs and laid on the couch. Well today been kinda of a good day I guess? I heard the front door unlocking and sighed with annoyance I already knew who it was.

Mother: Heyyy Baby.

Cindy: ....Hey. Mother.

She walked in and closed the door I rolled my eyes with irritation. You've been gone for a minute now and you over here gonna walk in talking about some "Hey baby" fuck out of here. I see why my dad left to live on his own because of her. I don't know if I already said but like I said before my dad is living with himself right now. They got into a argument again a couple months ago and he wanted to give her some time.

But of course she's still the same bitch she is like she was months ago. She still is cheating on my father and being a terrible mother. Even tho she be hoeing around my dad would send money to me every 2 weeks to make sure I was in good condition and paid the bills every month.

Mother: mm smells like febreeze in here. I know I been gone for a while now. Mama had business to take care of.

Cindy: ....Sure you did.

Mother: Why you sound so I don't know. Like you don't want me here.

Because I don't. Definitely not excited to see you.

Cindy: No reason, uhm. How long are you staying here.

Mother: What you mean? I live here so I'm gonna stay how long I want.

Cindy: Okay. Cynthia.

Mother: Cindy! You been very disrespectful ever since I walked in here. This is my house and you will respect me as such.

Cindy: First of all, you do not own this house. My father does, aka your husband you are still cheating on. You been gone for weeks that turned into a month and now you gonna stand here and tell me that I'm disrespecting you!?

Mother: Excuse me!?

Cindy: You never even sent a text or a voicemail to check on me! You always hoeing around literally forgetting you have a daughter that's not even fully grown yet!

Mother: Well at least I try to take care of you!

Cindy: Yeahh!!!! "Try" you do the exact opposite because you don't try at all! You just leave me be to handle myself on my own just like I had to take care of myself when I was even younger!

Mother: Ugh! You're just like your father. Always thinking I don't do much when I do enough! But y'all too blind to see it! Just so you know! I am the reason why we kept you in the first place we both wanted to give you up for adoption.

Cindy: The lies. You're the reason why my dad keeps LEAVING because you're a terrible wife, mother and PERSON!

Mother: *Gasp*! You watch your mouth! You can't speak to me like that I am your mother.

I rolled my eyes and got up from the couch to pack some clothes I could wear for the night at Jazmine's. While she kept bickering and talking I just kept minding my business and packed myself. I'm gonna have to text her for her father to pick me up or something because my car is still down for today. I have to take it in the car shop. I actually lied today's been a terrible day.

I finished packing and walked downstairs, ignoring her while opening the door.

Mother: Cindy!? Where is you going! Don't you walk away from me!

Cindy: Oh my god shut the fuck up. Stop talking to me.

I walked out the house and I wasn't looking clearly I felt a thump on my head. I looked up and saw Riley, he looked concerned until my mother came outside and then immediately stopped talking.

Riley: .....The hell is going on?

Mother: ..Cindy? Who is this?

My mother says concerned but seductively. Whore.

Cindy: Don't worry about it.

I lowered my voice towards Riley so he won't think I'm talking to him aggressive.

Cindy: Please, take me away. Please I don't want to stay here any longer.

Riley: .....Yeah, come on let's go.

Mother: Cindy do you not hear me speaking to you!

Riley: Ma'am, back the fuck up before you get smack the fuck up and I would hate for your own daughter to go to jail while I'm in holding.

Mother: .......

We walked off my porch and hopped in the car. I quickly put my seatbelt on and got on my phone. Then we started moving and we didn't say a word to each other, til.

Riley: The hell was that!?

Cindy: Fuck is you talkin about bruh.

Riley: Aye, watch that mouth of yours.

Cindy: No! I can't I'm so pissed off right now!

Riley: Cindy I can't help you unless you talk to me.

Cindy: Can you just drop me off at Jazmine's please....

Riley: No, she not home right now so you can stay the night at my house.

Cindy: ......I don't think Lace-

Riley: We're not together.

Cindy: Well I don't think it'll be a good idea.

Riley: So you want a cardboard box and a bra for a blanket.

Cindy: Nevermind.

Riley: That's what I thought. So what happened back there.

Cindy: You heard everything?

Riley: No, but I heard enough.

Cindy: ....I just. I just can't live there with her. She ruined everything.

Riley: I understand, I really don't.

Cindy: *sighs* I meant she hasn't checked on me in a month and ruined a lot in the family so now I don't want to be around her.

Riley: She haven't been home in a month?

Cindy: I don't know but the last time I saw her it been a month.

Riley: It's okay, you can stay the night my house in my room.

Cindy: ...Thank you Riley I appreciate it, really.

Riley: Anything, I'm glad I came over on time.Who knows what would had happened.

Cindy: She wasn't gonna touch me but I didn't want to hear her bicker all day long and I didn't want to be around her.

Riley: It's okay, I'm always here for you and you know that.

I stared at him for a hot minute while blushing then I faced myself out the window. Riley is just different from all the guys I been around with. I mean like had a very close bond with. I never thought Riley would care this much about me. He has the expressions and intentions of a asshole but has a kind heart. I laid my head a little while still looking out the window til we was here.

I'm gonna have to come back and fix grammar but just uploading 🥹❤️