Chapter 13

Clari's POV:

Great. It's not like it wasn't bad enough to feel something for Diego who's married and now the other Diego's also here and probably will work on to make my life a nightmare!

What the hell am I supposed to do now?!

I think I shouldn't be getting annoyed already when Dominguez didn't do anything yet.

I think I should just relax while I can...

- Hellooo! Earth to Clari?? - I heard Diego singing next to me, snapping me back to reality.

- Ah... Sorry - I mumbled - I was just thinking.

- You know it's okay if you can't look after Godzilla. We can find someone else to...

- No, no! - I cut him off - It's totally fine. Him and Vincente were getting along pretty well then last time too when they were here together - I smiled - And besides I love dogs and you know that!

- I know - he laughed - Thank you. This really helps us out so much... And I'm also glad that we don't need to leave him with some stranger.

- Yeah, of course!

They're all going on a vacation for 3 weeks so they need to leave their dog Godzilla at home and Diego came right to me first, hoping for help and I'm that nice to help... As always.

Not like if I wouldn't want to... Because I want to! But I feel like... I don't know...

I think I just shouldn't be complaining so much as he has his family and I have no one, but my dog, Vincente...

That's really depressing, but I can deal with it. I'm strong enough to do it.

Hopefully.

----- TIME SKIP -----

A few days later they left the country and not so long after that Dominguez came to visit me.

Great.

- What do you want? - I hissed coldly at him as I opened it.

- I just want to talk... Can we?

- Fine... Come in - I groaned, after a few moments of hesitating.

- Are you still mad at me? - he asked.

- What were you expecting after all the shit that happened??

- Clari, I'm sorry... I don't want to work together like this...

- I didn't say I'm gonna be like this while working - I said firmly - I'm a professional after all and I can hide my anger if it's necessary.

- I want to make things up... I don't want you to just play that we're fine when we aren't at all! Atleast let's be friends... Please... - he begged as he held out his hand - Please...

- That's going to be hard - I groaned.

- Clari...

- You made me feel worthless... Sad... Depressed and that's why I even left the country and came back here and not so you can come after me and do this!

- Clari!

- What?

- I still love you!

- But I don't!

- Atleast let's try to be friends... Please...

-Tch... You aren't going to leave me alone until I say yes, right?

- No, I won't.

- Fine. We can try to be friends, but nothing more!

- Thank you! - he smiled happily - I promise you won't regret it!

- I truly hope so... Otherwise...

- You won't! Just believe me!

- Fine... - I sighed as I now smiled a bit as well.

This might work out... I really have no idea...