SHADOWS IV

The police department of Seoul was rush like every other morning.

Inspector and their subordinates were in their own paths of duties while the other staffs were in their own chairs.

All of them were doing their job, the guardians of the country.

Mr. Jang, reported at the duty right on time in the morning. He was in his late forties, but his physical tiredness didn’t affect him in his duties, always sharp and vigilant.

Two policemen came inside the chamber, saluted at their superior.

Both of them were tall, lean, one was handsome while the other one was bubbly or cute and both of them were young.

“Good morning Officer Jang.” They both greeted.

“Good morning boys. You got the order, right?” he asked them.

“Yes sir.” They both said in unison and spirit.

“So, the case that had been happened two months ago, so shameful to say that we can’t prove that.” He chuckled a bit at this, “You two have to join the team, your leaders will come here in a bit.”

Two pair of boots echoed through the hallway. They were steady and light. It belongs two handsome young men.

One of them was having light brown hair, plump lips and broad shoulder, slightly taller than the other, have a presentable smile displayed on his face.

The other one was slightly muscular than the other, black hair, a bit short, plum lips, sharp jaw and a bit chubby cheeks but not that much, having a stiotic face.

They both have same sharp eyes as they walked inside to the chamber of Officer Jang. The superior has a smile flashed on his face when he met the youngers.

“Good morning officer Jang.” They both said in unison after their brief salute.

“Good morning, how have you been doing?” he asked.

“Transferred from Busan department last week. Quiet happy to investigate such a thrilling case.” The brown haired man said with his usual smile.

“Okay. Meet your subordinates.” Mr. Jang pointed at the younger’s in the chamber.

“Choi Soobin.” The bubbly one said.

“Choi Yeonjun.” The serious looking one among them said.
The brown hair smiled,

“Welcome to our team, couples.”

This made Soobin to blush while Yeonjun hides that and maintained his serious face before saying a short thank you.

“Hope you know both of us, but let me introduce us first. I am Bang Christopher Chan, short name Bang Chan, the leader of our team.” The brown haired said.

“I am Seo Changbin, assistant leader.” The other one said with a small smile.

“So, ready for your thrilling adventure.” Mr. Jang said.

They went to the room which was prepared as their office room in the department building.

Chan seated at the main chair while Changbin sat the chair near him.

Soobin and Yeonjun was standing there making Chan to chuckle at them.

“You don’t have to be so polite towards them. Let’s get more free towards each other so we can easily convey the things to be sort out.” He said.

Soobin and Yeonjun seated at the chair. Soobin was a bit shy type, looking soft and innocent. But he was really accurate and no compromises in his duties.

As a police officer, he was really good and wanted to be perfect.
Yeonjun was another type of Soobin, in his duties.

But for him, he was not that expressive like Soobin, on his emotions. He loves his husband so much just like Soobin loves him back.

“How long you two are together?” Chan asked them.

“Since last two years.” Yeonjun replied.

“Oh really? When can we expect a marriage?” Changbin was the one who asked them.

Even though this made both of them surprised, at both the question and also the person who asked that, Soobin replied.

“Our marriage has been fixed, not a full month is left.”

“Great! Congrats.” Chan said and they bowed.

Changbin was a bit silent type, not like Chan. In addition, with his stiotic face, they thought that Changbin was too serious but, he was so mild.

“So, what’s your impression about this case?” Changbin asked to them.

“Sir, first of all, we can say this is a murder for sure but there is something there behind it.” Soobin said.

Both Chan and Changbin listened attentively at their opinions and impressions.

They already have a small impression about these two subordinates and really interested in these young ones.

For Chan and Changbin, both of them were really privileged officers, smart, sharp and good in both their individual activities.

This made them even more strong in their group activities too.

Both of them were in same collage back then, but not that good friends.

Their profession made them even more closer. That’s were the only things the couples know about their leaders.

So for Soobin and Yeonjun, already heard about who are the ones that they were going to be working with made them nervous at first but ease now.

“The first incident had happened two months ago. The body was cruelly destroyed, maybe the murder is a psychopath to do something like this, but several body parts are missing.” Yeonjun explained.

“Yes. Heart, brain, kidney and so many fleshes were missing but bones and others were present though. Then what make you thing it is unnatural?” Chan asked.

“The body parts were scattered on the ground was not fully there. Most of them were broken and worse. It was not cut off by a sharp object like blade or gun shots.” Yeonjun said.

“No trace of skin. So we cannot finalise that there is no kind of sharp objects were used.” Soobin said.

“Great. Nice observation.” Changbin said to them. “About the victims?”

“As for the first incident, the person’s body was identified and it is a male, Nam Choongmin, a normal business man. He didn’t have any enemies or criminal records.” Soobin said.

“Second one is Mr. Jung Gaon, a police officer. Same indeed in the case but after all he is a police officer so, he did have enemies.

This is the irony. Both of them were clearly from different backgrounds and Choongmin didn’t have any enemies at all like officer Gaon. Then how did this happen?” Yeonjun said.

“Do they have any relationships between them, earlier?” Chan asked.

“No.” Yeonjun said.

“Post-mortem impression?” Changbin asked.

“The surgeon Mr. Jeon was being transferred last month. New doctors will join soon.” Soobin said.

“Okay. Let’s wait a bit.” Both of them said.