FORTUITOUS BRIGHT LIGHT IV

Flashback of two weeks back…

“Eonnie, please don’t make that face. It’s our matter and we have to do it. Please endure it this time.” Soyeon said to Miyeon who was sulking.

“How can I? it’s been two years, we haven’t seen or even talked… you know what, forget it. Let’s drop this and I can’t…”

“What are you saying Eonnie? Just because we have to see her, we have to drop such a serious issue?” Soyeon reasoned.

Miyeon stayed silent. Both the girls saw how chill mood and careless the authority right now about this case. If they didn’t take this issue seriously then they have to pay for another lives.

As they walked to the forensic lab which was situated in Daejeon, Miyeon remembered her love life before two years.
Seo Soojin, the most beautiful and lovely girl she had met in her collage years. They used to go to same collage but different faculty. Soojin was from a rich family, unlike Miyeon, who had no parents, not from a rich environment, always struggles due to her sister’s illness.

Soyeon was in junior year and they got together bumping into each other at the hallway. At that time, Miyeon fell onto the thick mud which caused her dress to be dirty.

She only had two pair of uniforms. At that time, a girl offers her hand to Miyeon. Later that hands, not only made her stood out from the mud she was fell on, but also for some important steps in her life.

They dated for one-year. Soojin didn’t mind anything of Miyeon’s background. But not her family, they insulted Miyeon who went to see Soojin when she was invited.

That wounded her pride. It made her so sad and mad. She said Soojin a last good bye before walking away.

When they reached a cabin, Soyeon was the one who asked all the things that led them infront of Soojin’s cabin.
They pushed the glass door to saw, a girl, with blonde-yellow hair, round eyes with a mole under it, chubby cheeks and plump lips.

Miyeon couldn’t avoid her gaze form the girl. The same girl she loved so much. When their eyes met, tears filled in both of their eyes. Miyeon hides it and avoided her gaze quickly.

Soojin’s pink lips quivered, “Mi eonnie…”

She ran towards her and hugged her tightly. Soojin was small, resting her head on other’s chest and sobbed. Miyeon closed her eyes, let her tears fall down. She hugged her back.

“Missed me?” she asked and Soojin nodded aggressively before hugging even more tighter, “Great. I missed you too.”

This made Soojin to chuckle a bit also Miyeon too. Both of them were in their own world for a second before they heard a throat clearing voice. They instantly broke the hug and glanced at each other in awkward.

“Sorry to disturb you two, but there is something important to discuss about. After that, I will leave you two alone, I don’t mind to be alone at all.”

Soyeon got a smack at the back of her head from Miyeon, followed by a glare.

“Oh yes, please.” Soojin motioned them to sit. “Tell me about it. You said it’s an important matter.”

Miyeon and Soyeon looked at each other before they explained what happened. Soojin who was listening all this, shocked at the end. She didn’t know what to say or do.

“What have you guys put yourself into? Are you two gone crazy or something?”

That was the first thing Soojin said. Both Miyeon and Soyeon went silent. They know. It’s something beyond that they can solve. But still, they wanted to try.