SHADOWS VI

Chan and Changbin reached at Nam Choongmin’s residence at Daegu with Soobin and Yeonjun.

They all were ready to take the first step of action in this case.

“Mrs. Nam, when did Mr. Choongmin leaved the house?” Chan was the one who started the enquiry.

Soobin was going through the interior of the house, while Changbin was watching over the books in the racks and other stuffed show pieces in the show case.

“Two days before he was murdered.” Mrs. Nam replied.

She was a bit tired, dark circles around her eyes, still recovering from her husband’s farewell. The younger son was sitting next to her, he was in senior level in school.

“Your first son?” Yeonjun asked as he noted down their answers.

“Since he died, my eldest son is the one who is managing our business now.” She said.

“How long since he started his business?” Chan asked.

“More than fifteen years I guess. He was always in a trip, often go to Seoul. That day, he mentioned that he gone for collect some materials.” She said.

“How is his nature? Is he hyperactive? Any anger issues or something?” he asked again.

“No. he was usually calm. He loved me and my sons very much.” She whimpered as she said that sentence.

Yeonjun felt a bit sorry for that, but Chan remained normal.

“Does he have any enemies?” Chan rested his head on his palms.

“He is not a type which offend others. He didn’t told me something like that earlier.” She said.

Soobin spotted their old photos on the wall and also in the show case.

Most of them were Choongmin, in his karate, taekwondo outfit. Soobin captured it in his phone.

Changbin went through the book, most of them was related to fighting skills. He saw the black belt and the dans he got from these.

“What was he working before starting the business?” Yeonjun asked.

“He was a body guard for the Parks. But when our youngest son was born, they give us some money as a gratitude for serving them for ten years.” She replied.

Chan sharpened his gaze at those words, “You mean, the park family that has been settled now in London?”

“Yes.” She nodded.

Changbin was also, not pleasant after hearing this. Soobin and Yeonjun, of course noticed this.
“Do they have any rivals at that time?” Chan asked.

“No. being a bodyguard was simple for him. That’s why they allowed him to retire.” She said.

_   _  _   _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ 

“I don’t think so. If Parks allowed him to be retired, we cannot avoid the fact that he had been serving him for ten years before that. That won’t be a little thing.” Soobin said.

“From their eyes, body language and all, they are saying the truth.” Yeonjun said.

“We cannot finalize that. What if that, his wife didn’t know about these things?” Changbin asked.

That makes some points. These is a chance that he doesn’t share everything with his wife or some incidents happened without the knowledge of her.

“From these, we have to go back to his past for the things we needed.” Yeonjun said.

“Wait. Let’s get to see the postmortem surgeons first.” Chan said. “When will they come?”

“Tomorrow.” Soobin said.

“Okay, set the appointment at eleven in the morning.”

Changbin said. “We can conclude after that.”

_   _  _   _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ 

Jisung was taking the stairs from the ground floor to his room.

When he reached the end, he got bumped with something, a hard chest. It was Hyunjin.

Jisung rubbed his eyes and looked upto meet the sharp and glaring eyes of Hyunjin. He looked like he was pissed off.

“I am sorry. I didn’t saw you were coming.” Jisung immediately bowed to him.

Hyunjin just scoffed before walking out. For the past few days, he was not in the house, but outside, with his friends or something, Jisung didn’t know. He came back yesterday night, late.

He didn’t saw him eating breakfast today.

“Hyung, don’t you want to have breakfast?” he asked making Hyunjin to look back at him.

“No.” that was the only word he said to him.

“Why?” he asked.

Hyunjin squinted his eyes at him, “None of your business.”

With that he was about to walk again.

Even though he dead panned Jisung, the younger was not ready to accept that.

“I know, but please have a little.” He said again.

Hyunjin stopped in his track again. But he didn’t turn back. Jisung only looked at him.

“Is there eggs here?” he asked, watching Jisung over his shoulders.

“Yes.” Jisung said.

“Can you make me an omelette?”

A surprised smile flashed on Jisung’s face, he nodded aggressively before walking back to the kitchen like a kid who hear a candy offer.

Hyunjin looked at the boy, he didn’t notice he himself was smiling at the younger.

He watched the boy making the dishes. Hundreds of questions occurred in his mind, but choose to be silent.

When the dinner was served, he mumbled a small thank you to the younger who bowed at him.

“Did you eat already?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

“Do you want to have some?” he slightly moved the side dishes to the younger’s side.

“No, I am full.” Jisung said.

Hyunjin cleared his throat, “I didn’t think that hyung will marry a boy, even in his dreams.”

Jisung can feel the sarcasm in his tone. Hyunjin was not allowed to marry that boy because the family is homophobic.

But in case of Seungyol, to happened. The scene of partiality entered the family.

‘So that’s why he is mad at me.’ Jisung thought.

“Hyung.” He called him softly Hyunjin only hummed, “I am an intersex.”

Hyunjin stopped eating when he heard this. He looked up at the boy, who was lowering his head, playing with the hem of his own shirt.

“I was born as a boy with female genitals. I am more like a female, than a male.” He said.

It was only three days that Hyunjin returned. He only saw him in shirt and pants, twice.

That led him to judge that he is a boy. But when he heard that, Hyunjin frowned at first but when his gaze fell on the boy, it became soft.

“Hmm. Are you, doing well?” he asked.

Jisung looked at him and nodded with a small hum. Hyunjin got up after finishing it. He looked at Jisung.

“Thanks for the meal.” He said before walking away.

Jisung looked at the man. He didn’t know, something told him that, this man is another comfort place for him in this house.