CH. 006

GISELLE S.

"So what happened Giselle walk me through what you can." Imani asked me as we sat in the bathroom at our parents house.

After I called Imani, I drove to a near by grocery store for her to meet me and I would follow her back to our parents as they were both out at work. By now a red/purple-ish bruise had made its way across my cheek as I stared at myself in the mirror. Never in the 8 years has Nicholas ever so much as lifted a finger to me, so the fact that I was here looking at the aftermath of his actions, my heart broke steadily. Letting out a sigh as I took a seat on the toilet lid to explain what happened.

"We were talking about me going out tonight. He asked me where I was going and who I was going with and it upset me because he made a statement saying he didn't even know I had friends which was so unnecessary to say so I blew up on him. Once that happened it opened way for an argument and I threw my wedding ring at him and then he hit me." I said as a single tear hit my thigh.

Imani came and wrapped her arms me; "I'm so sorry to hear that Elle, I don't know how one can come back from something like that. I have no words, but I'm here for you and whatever you need." She said to me.

"I think I might just have to get a hotel room for tonight because there is no way I can stay here and I sure as hell am not going back to that house." I said letting out a sigh once more.

As I was thinking realization hit me; frantically pulling my phone out of my pocket I see that the time was 6:30 and I had a date scheduled for 7 with Jordan. I excused myself from Imani's presence; letting her know I had to call my friend and let them know our dinner was going to have to be rescheduled.

As I called Jordan I couldn't help but feel bad about having to cancel on him, but no way could I go on a date with a red-purple tinted bruise on my cheek and pretend everything was all copacetic. I also internally battled with the fact that I was going to have to let Jordan know I was married and that maybe we would have to put what we're doing on hold til I can figure things out or the fact he may want to end things altogether seeing as I wasn't honest with him from the jump. Whatever decision that was made I couldn't be mad after all i brought all this on myself. Karma is real and she can come back and bit you clean in the ass.

JORDAN P.

I was finishing up the final touches of my look for the date with Giselle. This was going to be my first in a while. I haven't been in a relationship since my Michigan days, so stepping back on to the scene of dating was a little uncomfortable. For Giselle though it all felt worth it. As I was turning the light off, exiting the bathroom, I heard my phone ring. Looking at the caller ID I saw it was Giselle was giving me a call.

"hey Giselle, I was just about to call to let you know I'm heading out to you."

"About that Jordan... I have to apologize,but I'm going to have to ask if we can reschedule our dinner. I had small family mishap today and I'm not in the best of mood to go out. Again I'm so sorry to have to cancel waisting your time."

I can't lie her calling to cancel our date did upset me a little bit, but something was off about her voice. She sounded stuffy like when you finish crying or when you're sick. She was perfectly fine when we parted ways yesterday, so my thoughts lead me to believe she had been crying. But why was the question. I took her word for not being in the mood to go out tonight. I brought up a suggestion of when we could go out again, but she ended up shutting that down. I don't know what happened. She seemed so excited to go out earlier and now she was shutting down on me as if she just didn't want to be bothered. So I left it at that giving her all the space she needed.