CH. 022

New Year's Eve...

Giselle H.

I was currently standing in the mirror adding on the finishing touches of my makeup. Today was New Year's Eve and instead of spending it with my sister and parents I'd be spending it with Jordan and team golden state. Imani and Moses are officially dating, so I'd still be ringing in the year with my sister, but I was still not on talking terms with my dad. I am trying to find it within myself to forgive my dad for the hurtful things he said on Christmas, but I just feel he owes me an apology first. No I may not make the best choices in his eyes, but why can't he just be the supportive father towards my decisions just like mom does. I did send our family group chat a text this morning wishing them a happy new year even though I wasn't going into this year in the happiest state.

While yes I'm happy that I removed myself from my toxic marriage and was blessed with a great man there still were inconsistencies within my life that had no contribution to my happiness. Mariah and Looney were hosting a New Year's party at their house, so that's where Jordan and I would be going. The colors were all black with silver accents. I chose to wear a thigh length body con dress with belle sleeves and a pair of silver Tom Ford padlock stilettos.

"Baby you ready yet?" I heard Jordan call out from the living room.

"Yes, here I come." I responded grabbing my silver Alexander Wang micro Marquess bag and making my way out the room.

"Damnnn baby! Don't hurt em' now." I heard Jordan say causing me to snap my head up from placing some items in the small clutch.

I let out a small chuckle, "Thank you baby, you look good yourself Mr. Poole." I blushed, smoothing out his black linen shirt.

"Well let's get a move on before we have to give Mariah and Looney a raincheck on our attendance." He said placing his hand on the small of my back guiding me towards the door.

"Whew don't threaten a good time." I said smirking at him as I stepped out the door.

Jordan just shook his head letting out a small chuckle. We made our way to his car to start our way to Looney's house. The party starts at 10 and it was currently 9:25 and with it being New Year's Eve we wanted to leave in record time just incase we ran into any traffic discrepancies. The drive would be about 30-40 mins give or take so I reached over grabbing the aux to get the vibes going while we're on our way.

I clicked on my 90s playlist and let it ride as we road down the streets of the Bay. I was just in small thought of how I wanted this new year to turn out. I was both excited and scared for the future of what's to come in my life. I tried hard not to sike myself out, but the uncertainty of life can really cause your thoughts to rabbit hole.

"You're mighty quiet. What you over there thinking about babygirl?" Jordan asked looking at me quickly before putting his eyes back on the road.

"Not much really, just life, the new year and what I want out of it." I said slightly shrugging my shoulders.

"Well do you know what you're looking forward to?" He asked.

"I do. I'm looking forward to continuing building my brand and name. I'm looking forward to new opportunities and most importantly I'm looking forward to growing more in love with you Jordan Anthony Poole." I said smiling over at him admiring his side profile as her drove.

He reached over grabbing my hand interlocking our fingers. Slowly he brought it to his lips placing a soft longing kiss on our interlocked hands.

"I'm looking forward to loving you more Giselle Marie. No matter what happens on either of our ends, we're locked in together and that's for sure. I know this is your first year ringing in the year without your full family and you're no longer married, but I feel like this year is going to have some great things in store for us my love." He responded.