CH. 007

GISELLE S.

After leaving my parents' home, I drove back to the God-forsaken house that I once saw as a home. I didn't know what to expect once I got there, but all I know is there was no way I could stay there tonight. I was hoping and praying with all that was in me that Nicholas would be gone, but to my luck I saw his car still parked in the driveway. I let out a sigh as I put my car into park, so I could go to grab a few things and make my way to the hotel room I would be staying in for the night.

Unlocking the door to the house, I walked in to straight silence. Walking lightly past the living room I was startled when Nick called out my name in a surprised tone.

"Giselle." I stopped in my tracks turning to see him sitting in the living room looking stressed.

"Yes?" I replied being sure to keep my distance.

"Can we talk about what happened earlier? It wasn't supposed to go down like that." He said walking over to me.

Out of caution I backed up from him. This made him drop his head in defeat, but could you blame me? He slapped the fuck out of me earlier.

"Don't take a step closer to me Nicholas, I mean it. I just came to grab somethings for the night, then I'm leaving." I said to him

He reached out to me causing me to flinch and throw my hands up shielding myself. When I felt no contact to my body, I eased my hands downing seeing him just staring at me.

"Giselle it was an accident, I promise, I never meant to hit you. We've been together for 8 years, you know what type of man I am." He said to me.

"Actually, no I don't Nicholas, maybe 3 years ago I knew what kind of man you were, but who you are now is not the man I married. The man I married would've never put his hands on me no matter how bad an argument got." I said as I felt a lump form in my throat. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry, so after saying what I had to say, I walked past him going to the room to pack a bag for the night.

After packing my bags, I walked out of the room to make my way out the door when Nicholas stands in front of it preventing me from leaving. I just stared at him annoyed, I was so over this back and forth, I just wanted to leave.

"Nicholas can you please move. I just want to leave, no arguments or anything." I said to him.

"Giselle, where do we go from here? You're just going to give up on us?" He said.

"There's no more "us" Nicholas, between the arguments and now you putting your hands on me who's to say you won't get mad and do it again? I rather not take my chances either." I said now reaching out pushing him slightly to grab the door knob opening the door.

"No Giselle, we have to talk this out. I refuse to just let you walk out on us over a small mistake." He said closing the door back.

"Small mistake!!? you think.... putting your hands on me... is a small mistake? A SMALL FUCKING MISTAKE???? Be for real right now Nicholas Lee?? THATS NOT A SMALL MISTAKE!!! LOOK AT MY CHEEK! THERE'S A FREAKING BRUISE FORMED FROM YOUR 'SMALL MISTAKE'. I said now full on yelling. There was no way this man just stood and told me to my face that him putting his hands on me was a small mistake.

"Giselle, stop yelling, there's no need for all that" He said to me.

I looked at him like he grew 10 heads. This man was truly delusional if he thought after the past few arguments this relationship would last.

"I've said it once and I'll say it again GO.. TO... HELL Nicholas Lee Stanton." I said now yanking the door open and leaving out. Once I was in my car I decided to call Jordan, I needed to talk to him and set things straight between us.