CH. 035

Jordan P.

One month, 30 days, 720 hours, 43,200 minuets, 2,592,000 seconds... that's how long Giselle has been in her coma. Still unresponsive, depending on the medical machines to help her cling to life. I've since returned back to D.C. getting into the season. To be honest with all that's going on in life between losing our baby, and not having Giselle physically it has stunt my game. I haven't been putting up the stats that people know me to put up. Tonight was my first home game since coming back. Tonight's game was against the Brooklyn Nets. Coach was giving us a pep-talk before the game tonight. I kept zoning in and out during his talk. All I could think about was Giselle, what if she's woken up? What if she's dead?

"Yo JP you good man?" I heard Tyus ask me. Looking up at him I nodded my head 'yea.'

"Okay, let's get out there and give the people a game tonight k?" He pat my shoulders.

I sent a prayer up and begin getting my head into the game. Tonight and every game forward I was going to go out and leave it all on the court for Giselle's sake. Of course I know some days are going to be harder than others, but for her I owed it to us to do my best each game.

....

Fourth Quarter and we were down by 2 points with a minuet left on the clock. I hadn't been paying attention to how many points I dropped but I knew for sure that I was playing the hell out of this game. The ball was in the Nets possession and Nic Claxton was about to pull a three from deep. Right now the game was too close for comfort, so his best bet was to try it. He missed, he missed the shot and Gafford got the rebound. Passing the ball to Kuz, I was in a good position to pull a three so Kuz passed the ball to me. I sent a quick prayer asking God to be on my side and I shot the ball. The 'swish' sound was heard followed by the buzzer and loud cheers around the stadium.

That was game, we had beat the Nets; 103-106. The Wizards fans were celebrating all around the stadium. I heard the fans nearby calling out different ones names trying to get autographs or whatever. Although I was ready to just get back to my house and call Mrs. Harden to see how Giselle was, I signed autographs and took pictures. Now I was getting ready for the interviews to follow.

"Jordan How are you feeling tonight? You put up 39 pts, really close to your career high that must feel good?" The reporter asked.

"Uhh Yeah, I just came out tonight and gave it all I had, I'm glad it all worked in my favor. Praise to the most high." I responded.

"That's good to hear, well we're so glad to see you had a great night, great game and got to take home a win. Thank you for your time." She said.

"No problem, y'all have a goodnight!" I said before walking out and heading to the press conference interviews.

The press interviews happened and I was happy to finally be able to head home. I was in a great mood, but would be in an even better one when I could check on my girlfriend. Ralen and I got into the car and made our way back to the house to turn in for the night.

"Good game tonight bro. Put up 39 pts and you all frowns, smile a bit man. Giselle would be mad seeing you like this." He commented as we walked into the house.

"I know, I'm happy about it, but my moods been so up and down; who knows if I'll bring it again the next game. I'm inconsistent because I can't get my mind together. I just need her to be alright. I really can't imagine how I'm supposed to go on with life if she's not in it." I responded.

"Hey man it will all work out, we just gotta keep thinking positively. She'll pull through, just a little bump in yall's story. A test if you will." He said to which I nodded, holding back my tears.