CH. 036

1 Year Later....

Jordan P.

To say I was nervous was an understatement at the moment. I was with Ralen as we sat in front of the Jeweler picking finalizing the engagement ring for Giselle. We've talked about Marriage and she's expressed that she'd be open to it again. After the suicide attempt, Giselle has been consistantly going to therapy. She's in a much better state mentally and I couldn't be more proud of how far she's come.

"How is it looking so far Mr. Poole?" The Jeweler Mr. David asked showing me the ring in its final stages.

"It looks good, it's simple just like she likes." I smiled.

When Giselle and I were talking about marriage, she expressed that she wanted a simple engagement ring. In her words verbatim, "I want something practical." So I picked an Alexandra 1.75 carat radiant cut ring. It was going to be absolutely stunning on her finger.

"So when will it be fully ready?" I asked.

"I should have it complete by this Friday. I'm going to give you a call when it's finished." Mr. David replied.

"Great, Thanks so much Mr. David." I shook his hand and Ralen and I made our way out of the shop.

"This is crazy man... you're really about to get married. How does it feel?" Ralen asked.

"Honestly man.... nerve-wrecking. I just want everything to turn out right. I also want her to say yes. I know we talked about marriage and agreed we were both ready, no rush. I just can't help but sike myself into thinking that maybe when I get down on my knee she'll changer her mind." I expressed.

"Nah man don't do that. You know like I know that Giselle is all about you and I think the challenges y'all have faced this past year shows y'all are more than ready to make that next step. Hell y'all almost brought a whole life into this world. You ask me that's scarier than marriage." Ralen responded chuckling, causing me to chuckle too.

"Yeah you know what you right man." I said nodding my head in agreement to his words.

"So when and what do you have planned for the proposal?" Ralen asked.

"I rented out the Conservatory of Flowers. I'm going to fly in unbeknownst to her and say that since I have a bye week, I want to take her out. Then I have the garden area to be lit up with a big Will You Marry Me? sign." I said giving him a vague picture.

"As far as when, I'm going to do it during the All-Star break. That'll be the perfect time because I won't have to worry about missing any games, practices, etc." I added.

"This is going to be great. It's a private proposal or are you inviting friends/family?" He asked.

"Private. Giselle has expressed on several occasions that her second time around. She wants her proposal to be intimate because Nicholas proposed to her the night of his Law school acceptance party. She said it didn't feel genuine. She wants it to be its own special moment, not anything else attached to it." I told him.

"That's fair, well I'm sure all is going to go well. You got this JP! You're officially about to be off off the market." Ralen said.

"Yup and now it's time to find you someone cause I don't wanna leave you alone man." I said sincerely.

Ralen had been by my side not only my whole NBA journey, but life in general. I knew the day would come where I had to leave his side and marry, start my family, but I wanted to make sure he was still good.

"Look JP you don't have to worry about me man, I swear imma be good. Plus... I have a girl I've been talking to, just been keeping it under wraps." He responded with a smirk.