CH. 016

Giselle H.

Today was an exciting day for me. I would finally be sitting down to talk to Ayesha's team about the article and everything that would be going into this issue. I was currently in my room getting ready for the meeting when Imani came bursting in my room.

"What the hell Imani." I said slowly turning in her direction.

"Bitchhhh one of the boy from the team just dm'd me on Instagram." She said sliding me her phone.

"mosesmoody would like to send you a message" I read. "Reply to him... from what I've heard from Jordan he's a sweet kid." I said to her.

"What am I supposed to say.. I'm not really that good at talk to boys." Imani said taking a seat on my ottoman.

"Well first read to me what he said and then we can go from there." I said to her.

"okay, it says, Hi beautiful, I saw you at the open practice event and then your Instagram popped up on my explore page, so it must be fate." She read out.

"So you should just respond with a hi back and just let the conversation flow. Don't think too much about it that's how you low-key sabotage a conversation. Look at it as if you're talking to friend." I said trying to give the best advice I can.

"Where are you going anyway?" She asked me.

"I'm meeting with Ayesha and her team today to go over the logistics of this article collaboration." I said curling my hair.

"Okay well when you finish getting dressed mama said she wants to talk to you girl." She said getting up and leaving out.

I let out a sigh... a small part of me knew exactly what she wanted to talk about and I wasn't ready to talk about just what I had going on at the moment. Finishing up my hair I looked at my phone, I still had about 2 hours before the meeting, so I might as well go ahead and get this conversation out the way. Making my way downstairs I seen my momma in the kitchen cutting her cleaned greens.

"Hey mama.. you wanted to talk to me?" I asked.

"I did, have a seat Marie." She said without turning. I knew she meant business when she pulled the middle name card.

"Yes ma'am." I replied softly.

"Want to tell me how things have been going lately." She said turning to me.

"Umm... things have been going pretty good. I've been apartment searching and I have a meeting with Ayesha and Sweet July in regards to the article." I responded to her question.

"Now Marie... you know damn well that's not what I'm asking. I already know about that. I'm talking about the fact that you haven't been home in 2 days, so what's been up with that?" She asked.

"I've ju-just been you know staying with a friend after events and stuff." I said trying to not give away too much.

"You met a boy Giselle. I'm not dumb, I was your age at one point in time you know. I'm not mad about it, but it would be nice to know since he's got you spending the night and stuff." She said continuing to cut her greens.

"Yeah I did... I meet him 4 months ago." I said lowly.

"I'm sorry did you just say 4 months ago Marie?" She asked drooping her knife.

"Yeah... I met him one night Nick and I got into a heated argument and I went out. It was an accident. At first I regretted it, but after finding out Nicholas had been cheating on me for well over 4 months any ounce of regret I had went out the window. He's honestly been such a breathe of fresh air in my life." I said to her.