CH. 037

All-Star Weekend....

Jordan P.

My nerves were on ten as the pilot came over the intercom letting the passengers know to prepare for landing. Today was the day, I was making Giselle my wife. My family's flight would be getting in later this evening. Today is Friday February 16 and the proposal would be happening tonight. Our engagement party would be happening on Saturday. I owed Vanessa and Imani big time as they had a huge hand in pulling this whole thing together. I honestly don't think it would've been successful if I didn't ask for their help.

Once the plane landed Ralen and I made our way to J2's car. We piled in heading back to his place which is where Ralen and I would be staying during this trip. I was on my phone communicating with the lady Ms. Tonya who is the person I went through to rent out the Conservatory of Flowers Garden area. The plan was for Imani to take Giselle there on a "Sister Date" and then she was going to leave Giselle in the Garden to "Go to the restroom." From there is when I would make my presence known to her. As far as Giselle is concerned I'm on my way back home after our game against the Pelicans on Valentine's Day. I was sure to send her gifts for my lack of being able to give her a proper Valentine's Day this year. I felt like the proposal would definitely make up for it.

"SOOOO JP how you feeling right now man?!" J2 asked excitedly.

"To be honest... like I'm going to shit myself at any moment. I know we're ready for this, but the fact that day is here and it's happening; there's little voices in my head saying, what if she says no." I responded truthfully.

"Don't do that man. I'm 10000 percent sure Giselle's going to say yes without a shadow of doubt. It's all going to turn out perfect bro." Ralen chimed in and I nodded my head as a response.

Traffic in the city was rather light given there were no events currently going on. We made it back to J2's spot in no time and I pulled my phone out to text Imani requesting updates on Giselle. She informed me that so far everything was going as planned and Giselle has no suspicion of anything. Upon walking into J2's spot we were all greeted by Nina.

"Hey Guys! Long time no see; how was the flight?" She asked giving us both hugs.

"It was good." Ralen and I responded in unison.

"Great! Congrats JP, about to take the big step toward becoming a husband." She beamed.

"Yeah... It's crazy to think about honestly, but I know I'm doing the right thing. When you know, you know. Giselle's it for me and I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with." I responded smiling happily.

"EHHH yay! I'm so excited for you guys. I love it!" She clasped her hands in excitement.

"The big question at hand though is who's going to be the best man though?" Ralen side-eyed me.

"Dude! You already know it's you. You and JP been boys since y'all were kids, no way would you think it'd be anyone but you." J2 expressed and I nodded my head agreeing.

"I just had to double check... you know, reassurance." He responded with his hands thrown up.

We all chuckled at him. We got settled and I checked the time seeing I had a few before I had to start getting ready for tonight. I sat on the bed in one of J2's guest room and just rested while staring at the ring. Here's to forever and I can't wait to share it with Giselle.

Giselle H.

After my doctors appointment confirming my pregnancy, I was headed back in to have an evaluation. The doctors wanted to see if this would be a viable pregnancy, or if I should go ahead and terminate the pregnancy. Having twins is already a high risk to any woman regardless of how healthy you are going into it. According to statistics almost 50 percent of twins are born before 37 weeks. With me having endometriosis, I was a higher risk and could very well go into labor before the statistical labor spectrum. I scheduled the appointment early because Imani wanted to go out later and have a sister day. I needed it too if we're being honest. On my way to the appointment I was silently praying that miraculously, God would be on my side and I could carry these babies to term.