CH. 023

August 2023

Giselle H.

The past couple of month have been interesting to say the least. With the Warriors getting knocked out of the playoffs the second round to the Los Angeles Lakers, to Jordan finding out he was traded to the Washington Wizards while we were in Europe celebrating our 1 year anniversary. I can honestly say this all has been very challenging. My career has been taking off. After dropping my article on Ayesha's Sweet July; it caused great exposure to my name and craft. So much so I was offered a position to be a journalist for the NBA meaning I would be traveling just as frequently as Jordan would.

This whole situation has cause a huge rift between Jordan and I. He doesn't talk to me as much anymore and when he does, he's very short with me. One word responses, head nods, no night talks. It's all becoming too much. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to feel like how things got at the end of Nick and I's marriage. I've been doing my very best to uplift Jordan's mood and get him to at least see some good out of this situation, but it seems as if all my efforts are falling on deaf ears. Right now I've just landed in D.C. to see my boyfriend and share with him my promotion offer in person.

I told Ralen to keep it on hush because I wanted to surprise him. I still lived in San Fransisco which also caused another huge rift in our relationship. As much as I would have loved to follow Jordan, I couldn't just pack up and leave my life behind. I mean we aren't even married. It's not to say I don't see us being together in the long run, but I just have to be realistic with myself. Jordan of course understood my stand-point and there was no rebuttal, but it still made things challenging trying to make a relationship work 2000+ miles apart. I could tell how hurt he was by me saying I was staying in the Bay. The sadness was all over his face. The day I finished helping Jordan pack his penthouse, I cried the whole way home. I just felt like I sucked as a girlfriend and on top of it all I began to feel like I was undeserving of love again. It seemed as if every time I thought things were going good something just swopped in and made things fall apart. I pulled my phone out to let Ralen know I had landed and was in my Uber on the way to their new place.

After about 30 minuets I finally arrived at Jordan's house. I shot Ray a quick text letting him know I was outside.

"Yoooo Giselle!!! Welcome to D.C." He said as I walked to the door.

"Heyy Ralen." I responded chuckling as he grabbed my suitcase.

"Sooo how was the flight?" He asked.

"It was pretty good, I hate flying though, but I need to get used to it." I said taking a seat at the island.

"Well that's good to hear. JP should be done with his workouts and heading here in a little. You want some to drink?" He offered.

"Water is fine. How's he been... you know mentally?" I questioned.

"Better. He's starting to smile more. I think you being here is going to be good for him. He doesn't show it much but I'm sure he misses the hell out of you." He responded sliding the water in my direction.

"Cool... I sure hope his actions show that because these past two months have been so rocky for us." I said taking a sip of my water.

"Aye I understand, but you guys are going to get through this. I'm going back to my room, but make yourself at home sis." He said lightly patting my shoulder before heading upstairs.

I let out a soft sigh picking up my phone to let Imani and my parents know I landed safely. My dad and I were still on rocky ground, but he's starting to come around and we're mending our relationship slowly but surely. After about 20 minuets of me scrolling aimlessly through different apps I heard the locks on the door begin to interchange. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach as this is the first time I'll be laying eyes on my boyfriend since June.

I watched as Jordan came through the door with his face buried deep in his phone and his practice bag on his shoulder. He dropped his keys onto the table that sat near his door. I sat quietly until he'd look up and see his girlfriend sitting in his kitchen at the island.

"Hey Stranger." I sounded off causing him to look up and stop in place.

"Giselle.. whaat when did you get here?" He questioned.

"I landed almost an hour ago. I wanted to surprise you, so I got Ralen to help me plan this all out and we'll... Here I am." I said smiling and throwing my hand up.

Jordan Poole

There she was my girl... sitting right in front of me. I hadn't seen Giselle since the godforsaken Europe trip. Once we got back to the states I had to begin preparing for my move to Washington D.C. which caused us to see each other less and me to slip into isolation and depression because of the trade. I know it was wrong to push her away, but with everything that was arising I honestly just wanted to be alone. Her being her made me happy honestly. Hearing her voice caused my heart to flutter, but seeing her smiling face right in front of me caused guilt to arise within me.

I dropped my bags and pulled her into my arms so happy to see her standing in front of me. I just wished she could stay here with me.

"I'm so happy to see you babe... you just don't know." I said holding her face in my hands.

"I'm happy to see you too baby. I've missed you soo much." She responded placing a soft kiss on my lips.

We kissed for a few more seconds before I pulled away, "Let me take you out tonight." I said still holding her face.

"Baby you just left practice, it's 6 pm rest yourself. Im here through the weekend, we'll have plenty to go out." She said chuckling.

"Okay... Come shower with me?" I asked with a smirk.

"Jordan! I just got here you freak. Plus Ralen's here." She said giggling.

"So.. and Ralen's a big boy. He can leave if he doesn't want to hear such things. I haven't touched, tasted, or felt you in 2 months... I'm feening." I said dipping my head down to kiss on her neck.

"Fine.. fine... If we do this can we try to keep quiet just out of respect for Ralen." She said looking in my eyes.

"Whatever you want princess." I responded pecking her lips before picking her up bridal style and making my way to my room. Which was pretty far from Ralen's and I'm almost sure he was on the game with his headphones on so, Fuck what Giselle is talking about... I'm about to make her see stars.

I sat her on the bed and sat my phone on the night stand to go start the shower. I seen her smiling as she looked around the room in satisfaction... which I can thank my mom for her hand in. Once I turned the water to my liking I discarded myself from shirt, I turned to go get Giselle but she was already standing at the door and the expression on her face was not a happy one.

"Jordan I'm going to ask and I want you to be completely honest with me... who's Kacey and why is she texting you asking 'You never texted me back after last night'... what happened last night?" Giselle asked so calmly although her countenance was anything but that.

Fuck!!! Suddenly that guilty feeling I had washed over me once again.... I was fucked and there honestly nothing I could say to get myself out of this situation.

___________________________________________
OOOOUUU What did Jordan do y'all?????
You can use context clues and imply but would you be right or wrong??👀

Vote & Comment