Nightmare

'Stop looking at me like that, I don't look pitiable, I'm heading to bed' Cian said and went off to his room. While Cian was changing out of his school uniform, there was a knock on his door.

'Cian, it's me Asher' A monotonous voice was heard from behind the door.

Cian had changed out of his uniform and only had pants on, he didn't bother to put on a shirt before opening the door. The sight of Cian's bare chest wasn't something Asher expected, maybe he did expect it but not this early.

'Come in' Cian said knocking Asher out of his trance, Asher moved his eyes everywhere except from the magnificent figure standing in front of him.

Asher stepped into the bedroom and sat on the couch while Cian search his wardrobe for a comfortable shirt, he finally wore a white long sleeve cotton shirt which had flowers printed on it.

'So?' Cian asked cluelessly, not knowing how to start a conversation with Asher, Asher had been staring at Cian's back while Cian searched for a shirt in his wardrobe. Well develop shoulders, six packs abs, Asher didn't realize he had been checking Cian out until he heard Cian's chuckled.

'I told you I can take care of myself' Cian said when he noticed Asher's eyes lingering on him, Asher swallow the lump on his throat when he thought he had been caught. Cian couldn't help but laugh at Asher's expression, he found it sort of adorable.

'You can handle yourself with humans not supernaturals but that isn't why I'm here' Asher said trying not be swoon by Cian's soft laughter and his dimples.

'Then why are you here?' Cian asked as he forcefully stopped his laughter and sat on his bed.

'Do you remember our deal?' Asher asked

'Which deal? oh! that deal' Cian said in remembrance.

'I want to use it today, I didn't use it during summer break, so I'm also going to add it too' Asher said trying not to sound clingy.

'That's six weeks, the deal was one day in a week' Cian said

'Six days plus today' Asher stated

'And when did you plan to stop' Cian asked

'I don't plan on stopping' Asher said

'Creep' Cian teased

'Not after your disappearance' Asher said in a serious tone and Cian noticed that he should stop teasing.

'Then come sit here, you can see me well from here' Cian said patting the chair beside his bed and laid on his bed.

Asher stood up from the couch and something caught his attention, he went towards the study table instead and picked up a paper which was placed on the table. Even though Asher wasn't a witch he knew magic when he saw one.

'What's this?' Asher asked showing the paper to Cian, Cian took the paper and examined it.

'It was in my pant's pocket the day Jade and Dan found me' Cian said, he was obviously missing them

'Your foster parents?' Asher inquired

'Yes' Cian said with a smile appearing on his face

'You really loved them' Asher said and sat on the chair beside Cian's bed,

'They are the people I cherish the most back in the human world and this would have been left by the person that left me in the car recycling center' Cian said staring at what was written in the paper.

'Don't come back' Cian read aloud

'It seems the person didn't want you to come back here, the person was trying to save you' Asher said and bit his inner cheeks in guilt.

Cian noticed Asher sudden silence, Cian laid on his side to have a better look at Asher who was staring into space. From that angle, Cian noticed Asher's apple apple, no doubt Cian thought Asher was handsome.

'But I'm happy to be back, I didn't fit in there anyway' Cian said and Asher turned to stare at him.

'There was something I noticed something strange about this paper' Cian said. Cian sat up and balled the paper then threw it into the fireplace, the paper landed into the fire and after few minutes it flew out and landed on the bed.

'It isn't a normal paper' Asher said

'Like it had something to do with magic' Cian said lying back on the bed.

'You can show Sean tomorrow, he might know something' Asher said staring into the lights in Cian's eyes.

They stayed in a comfortable silence until Cian broke the silence,

'Asher' Cian called

'Asher' Cian called

'Hmm' Asher answered feeling comfortable around someone after a long time

'How did I get missing' Cian asked in a quiet voice and Asher thoughts went back to that night,

'It's better you don't know, we can forget about the old memories and make new ones instead' Asher said, he had been trying to bury those past memories for years but in those memories Cian was there which made it hard for Asher to forget.

'But...'
'It's for the best, trust me, I sincerely don't want you to remember' Asher interrupted Cian.

"What about what I want" Cian thought as he drifted away in sleep

'Please don't remember that night' Asher said in a desperate voice while he using his palm to brush Cian hair, Cian was fast asleep and didn't notice.

Not long after Asher fell asleep holding Cian's palm in his.

In another room in the mansion laid Clint, he fast asleep and drenched in sweats. He was having a dream more like a nightmare;

Clint stood in front of his old house which was presently burning, 'Find Cian, Find Cian, Find Cian's he heard voices whispering to him like ghosts.

'He's back' Clint shouted back to the voices,

'No, he left. Again. because of you' The voices said and suddenly the burning house disappeared and a dinning table replace it, the table was covered in pink lining. Clint saw himself, Asher, Sean, Raymond and his parents laughing and eating and the chair meant for Cian was empty.

'Find Cian! Find Cian!! Find Cian!!!' The voices shouted and Clint's ears began ringing and Clint clinched unto his ears in pain. Immediately the ringing stop, Clint started shouting, 'Cian! Cian! Cian! I'm sorry!' he shouted but it seemed like the people on the dinning couldn't hear him even though he was shouting his lungs out.

In reality, Clint was muttering Cian's name, fortunately, the mansion was filled with people with hyper hearing. Asher heard Clint muttering and immediately knew that the nightmares are back, he quietly left Cian's room careful not to wake Cian up, then vamp to Clint's room. Asher saw Sean and Raymond were already there and were jerking Clint awake.

'Where is Cian's Clint shouted immediately he woke up, he saw Sean and Raymond kneeling on his bed and Asher standing outside the door unable to come in due to the barrier spell that prevents vampires from entering without permission.

'Where is Cian!' Clint shouted, his vein was showing on his forehead and his voice was trembling as his body was.

Immediately Asher vamped back to Cian's room to get Cian.

'Cian!' a voice shouted waking Cian up from his sleep, Cian's eyes were still blur so he rubbed his eyes until he was able to make out the figure, it was Asher who has been shaking him awake. Asher could enter Cian's room without a special invitation because the barrier spell recognized Asher also as it's owner, thanks to Clint.

'What is it?' Cian asked still a bit sleepy

'It's Clint he has a nightmare' Asher said and Cian jumped off from his bed and ran to the door then suddenly stopped. He turned to Asher and looked at him with a pleading eyes, immediately Asher understood what he was begging for and nodded in agreement.

If this wasn't a panicking situation Asher would have done an happy jump because Cian personally asked for it without giving him an annoying frown.

As I promised...
One more