Invasion

Cian stood not far from the kitchen door, staring at the starless sky,

'What are you doing?' a voice asked, Cian didn't need to turn back to know whose voice it was, he could recognize Asher's voice in a crowd.

'The sky is gloomy as today' Cian said as Asher stood beside him, something else caught Asher's attention. Cian followed Asher's eyes direction to see what Ashe was looking at.

Immediately, Asher covered Cian's eyes with his palm,

'You're too young to see it' Asher said but eventually Cian peeled Asher's palm away from his eyes and held it instead.

'Isn't that Fergus' dad?' Cian asked

'Those are Fergus dads' Asher corrected

'They are disgusting' Cian said and for the first time Asher pulled his hand out of Cian's grip angrily.

Cian turned to Asher surprised, Asher eyebrow furrowed,

'Everything disgust you, Everything irritates you, you only consider how you feel about things and don't have even consider how others feel' Asher said and went back inside the house. Cian didn't understand why Asher got angry, no matter how he tries, he turned back to the direction where Fergus' Dads stood kissing but they were gone.

As curious as Cian is he decided to trace them and ended up moving far away from the house.

As soon as Cian was no where near the house, Voltox and the group of Elite entered the house through the kitchen door, Voltox magically cut of the power supply in the whole house causing everywhere to become dark. The children began to scream in the dark, Drustan was a fire witch, he immediately made fire source with one of his hand. Everyone was able to see while Laura lit up the candles, Drustan turned to where the children was playing and saw someone dragging them into another room and the children screamed for help. Drustan told Adalbert that he would go check on the children and left to the room, there was a woman standing over the children, the children were unconscious. Drustan silently took a wood stick and hit it on her head, the woman fell on the ground wincing in pain, the woman happened to be a werewolf so it wasn't enough pain to knock her out.

The woman's eyes turned bright green, her fangs finding their way out of her gum and her fingers changing to claws. The room was dark and the only source of light was the moonlight emitting through the small window, they were in the storage room where the cleaning and gardening tools are kept. The woman used her claws to scratch Drustan arm, drawing out blood from it, he was wearing a short sleeve shirt. Drustan check the injury then ignored it, he started chanting an oppressing spell that brought the woman to her kneel and pulled her head backward almost snapping her neck.

For the woman to survive she quickly shifted into a wolf, her wolf's fit was very with green eyes that shone brightly in the dark. She for Drustan, she dribbled him to the ground and sank her fangs into his leg, Drustan screamed in pain. The storage door opened revealing little Sean who stood there in shocked as he watched the horror of Drustan screaming in pain. Sean was in the bathroom when the lights went out and the woman took the children except from Sean. Drustan tilted his head and saw standing at the door with tears falling from his eyes, 'Uncle, Drustan' Sean muttered. Drustan magically shut the door and shouted for Sean to leave, Sean turned the handle of the door then began to bang the door with his small fists causing his fingers to swell.

Drustan decided to ignore the pain on his leg and magically threw the wolf off him causing her to hit the wall. The wolf got up and they started circling each other waiting for the first to strike. Unknown to the wolf, Drustan was making a barrier spell around her. The wolf jumps and lunches an attack on Drustan but she hits her head on something she couldn't see that's when she realize what Drustan did.

She roared as Drustan limped to check on the children and saw that Cian was missing and Sean was standing by the door. Drustan limps to the door and magically opens it, Sean was standing by the door. Everything went too fast in Drustan's eyes, the only thing he knew was that a blonde hair woman was magically fighting with Yvonne and Sylvia, they were pushing a spark of magical light between them and it gets out of control and hits the closest person to them, Sean.

Sean flew few centimeters away before landing unconsciously on the ground. Drustan quickly went to check on him, he was unconscious and no visible injury, Drustan carried him resting Sean's head on his shoulder and went to the closest exit which was the garage door.

Once outside he saw the others everyone outside except from Adalbert, Laura and the children, he told Ronald where to get the children and handed Sean to Justin before retreating back into the house, he turned a deaf ear to them when they shouted for him not to go back inside. Drustan as loyal as ever needed to save his best friend and his wife and also look for Cian. Drustan made his way to the sitting room where he saw Adalbert fighting a man who he quickly recognize while Laura tried to protect Clint from a vampire.

Clint stired awake when Drustan left the house he lookedfor his mum and began to cry. Laura was fighting a vampire making sure to dodge his bites, she sighted crying Clint, the vampire also noticed Clint's appearance and smirked before vamping to where Clint stood. He hits the crying boy on the wall, tightening his grip around Clint's neck.

Laura tried to pull the vampire away from Clint but her strength was no match for a vampire. The vampire used his free arm to throw her off him causing her to hit her back on the wall.

Adalbert was fighting with Voltox and saw a man strangling his son, Adalbert grew angry, he vamp to the man so fast that Voltox he disappeared. Adalbert shoved his hand into the man's chest and brought out his heart in full speed that the man didn't notice that someone stood near him. Adalbert caught Clint before he fell on the ground, Clint was unconscious, he placed Clint in Laura's care before resuming his fight with Voltox who was coming for Clint.

When Drustan got there he saw Laura struggling to fight off a vampire and Adalbert was also busy with Voltox. He pulled Laura behind him and quickly dealt with the Vampire despite his limped leg. He was able to take down the vampire and joined Adalbert, he tried pulling away Voltox from Adalbert but Voltox kicked him away and continued his fight with Adalbert.

Drustan got back to his feet and was about to go help Adalbert but suddenly his body couldn't move, he saw the reason why. A woman was furiously chanting a death spell at him, she had one of her folded over her chest, paralyzed. The spell made blood come out of Drustan eyes, nose and ear at the same time. Adalbert watched in horror as his best friend died and Laura cried tightening her arms around Clint like her life depends on it.

Voltox used the opportunity of Adalbert being distracted to hit him, he landed close to where Laura sat crying in the ground,

'Clint needs to survive so get a grip' Adalbert gasped out moving closer to Laura who started shaking Clint awake. Clint's eyes peeled open and he saw the urgency in his father's eyes,

'Find your brother, you have to protect him, from now on he's your responsibility, do you hear me?' Adalbert said and Clint nodded fighting back the tears that wants to break free.

Adalbert pulled Clint into a hug, 'We love you' he muttered, inhaling his son's scent one last time before releasing him.

'Clint run, don't look back!' Adalbert shouted to Clint who ran reluctantly. Laura deeped her hand into her jean pocket and brought out something.

Voltox was chanting a powerful spell that caused a light to emit from his hands, it suddenly gets brighter, Clint wanted to look back but a pair of arm wrapped around him, it was Valerie she watched what happened holding Clint to her chest.

She followed Ronald inside to rescue the children and knocked out the witch who killed Drustan. Clint struggled to lift head away from Valerie's chest was futile, all he could do was to cry.