Guilt

'Aunt Valerie has arrived' Raymond announced and soon a woman with long wavy hair appeared at Cian's room door. The first thing she did when she stepped into the room was to pull Cian into a hug, she hugged him like her life depends on it.

'I'm sorry' Cian cried, Valerie pulled out of the hug and tilted her head to see Cian's face,

'Why are you apologizing, you did nothing wrong, nothing was your fault' Valerie stated cupping Cian's face with her palm, using her thumb to wipe out his tears.

'Dress up and come down for breakfast, you need to eat something' Valerie said, pushing everyone out and closing the door behind her.

They ate breakfast in silence, an irritable silence, 'I'm sorry' Cian said when Valerie dropped her fork, letting it fall on the plate making a clanging sound.

'I'm not angry at you, I'm just frustrated, is this how you guys have breakfast or you not on speaking terms?' Valerie asked folding her arms over her chest while glaring at them.

'It's not always like this' Raymond dared to say

'Then why is it like this?' Valerie asked

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry' Cian said

'For the last time stop apologizing' Valerie said pinching the space between her eyebrows in frustration before glaring at Clint for an explanation.

'Don't look at me, ask him' Clint said with his eyes focused on his food even though he doesn't have an appetite.

Asher had phoned Valerie the previous night telling about Cian regain his memories. Valerie noticed the emotions that Asher was trying to mask with a cold voice on the phone, without informing she arrived the next day.

Cian explained everything he remembered to them, Valerie was surprised that he knew that much,

'You weren't there when everything happened' Valerie said

'I watched it happen' Cian said

'Your soul watched it happen and almost got trapped because of your guilt' Clint sharply corrected

'Because it's obviously my fault, if I had just stayed in through the dinner, they wouldn't had had access to our house but I was stupid' Cian said chewing his inner cheek to hold back the tears from escaping.

'It's not your fault, you were uncomfortable with the dinner, nobody is blaming you' Valerie said pulling her chair close to Cian.

'If I hadn't gone outside, Mom and Dad would still be alive and uncle Drustan... would.. also be alive' Cian bit his inner cheek until the metallic taste of blood filled his taste bud.

'I'm not blaming you' Raymond said trying to hold back his tears, even though he didn't watch his father die, it still hurt.

'Drustan, wasn't your fault, you weren't even there, that was the night you went missing, Cian! do you know how much we blamed ourselves for noticing when you left or if you even came in, we thought you died in the fire' Valerie said cleaning away the tear that fallen out of its place that was when Cian noticed Asher's clenching jaw.

'Asher' Valerie called also noticing it, 'Asher had always blamed himself, not you too' Valerie said remembering the nights she slept in Asher's bad to put him to sleep because he wouldn't stop crying and calling Cian in his sleep.

After that night that night Cian went missing, all Asher could do was to cry and blame himself for getting mad over a trivial thing causing him to leave Cian out in danger. His parents and their friends sent out search party but Cian was nowhere to be found, they considered he died in the fire.

'Aunt, don't blame yourselves, you tried looking for him' Clint comforted

'For a week?' Asher snapped

'What do you expect? Do you expect them to spend a year searching for him?' Clint asked

'That would have been better' Asher said

'Because you feel guilty don't expect others to feel guilty' Clint adviced

'I can't believe you're saying this he is your brother, you really haven't changed' Asher said causing a thread to snap in Clint's head.

'Yeah, because he is my brother it hurt, I always thought if had been a better brother he wouldn't have felt so suffocated. It was better to think he died in the fire than to think he was murdered, how will you feel if your sister was murdered?' Clint said

'I would spend the rest of my life hunting down the person and their family' Asher replied with a dark tone.

'Cian, it's not too late to go back to the human world and live your life it's fullest and forget everything that happened' Clint said in a sudden pleading tone.
'I tried, I can't! I can't live with myself knowing that you are somewhere else suffering alone from our parents death, wait, don't tell me it's what I'm thinking' Cian inquired and Clint remained silent,

'Clint!' Cian called

'What?! you want to tell me not to use violence, even if I did kill the person I would make sure they suffer' Clint said with an evil smirk that Cian hadn't seen before. It made Cian cringe,

'Don't worry I haven't done anything thing yet, but now I have a place to start from, thanks to you but the question that I haven't been able to answer I how did the fire start?' Cian voiced out his thoughts. Cian's hands on the table starts frigiditing, no one knew until Asher stared at Cian noticing his swollen eyes from crying, then his hands. He wanted to squeeze his hands in his but it would be crossing of boundaries.

'It was me' Cian voiced out, everyone stared at him in surprise. 

'I was scared, so scared that I didn't know what to do, I couldn't control it when my body temperature rose and the house caught fire, I couldn't stop it...' Cian voice trailed off

'Until Clint made it rain which put off the fire' Valerie completed, clasping her hands in astonishment.

'Are you saying that Cian was a fire witch and now he's a water witch how can that be possible?' Raymond asked, forgetting about the thought of his father's death, this seem to be the best distraction.

'Didn't you hear it when Clint announced it that night?' Asher asked

'No, I was  goofing around with Sean' Raymond said using his foot to hit Sean's shin under the table causing Sean to glare at him and as usual his foolish smile appeared.

'Now, that I think of it I find I strange' Clint said

'I have an hypothesis, I think his fire magic was locked up with his memories, now his memories are back what if his fire magic is back?' Sean said

'I'm not doing it, I can't risk it after what I caused that night' Cian said shaking his head

'Cian, nobody died in the fire not even your parents' Valerie said patting his hair

"Only Drustan body was burnt beyond recognition" She thought, she couldn't say it out loud not when Cian is still feeling guilty. Absent mindlessly, her eyes reached to Cian's wrist.

'Where is your bangles?' Valerie asked, Cian immediately look at his wrist, he didn't notice he wasn't putting it on. He dashed to his room, trashed his belongings searching for the bangles but couldn't find it there.

'Maybe I lost it at Trevor's place' Cian said rushing out of his room, he was pulled by Asher by his wrist. Asher had followed him upstairs and watched him trash his room. Cian always kept everything clean and in order but now it look like no other place but Clint's room.

'You can't go back there' Asher said Cian's mind was just registering Asher's presence.

Something about Cian always attract his attention no matter how Cian looked or where he was, it was far different from his childhood feelings, the feeling to protect him, now it was more than protecting him, it was entirely something else.