Chapter 1

Aubrey POV

" Mr. Graham, we'll be landing in twenty minutes." Looking up from my phone. I sent a simple nod to Angela, one of my personal flight attendants.

" Thank you, Angela."

" Would you like anything before we land?" I looked at the empty glass, debating if I wanted her to get me another drink.

" Uh, water is fine." She nods and walks off to get my water. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a bottle of pills.

" You in pain?" I turned to my left as my best friend Chubbs walked over.

" Yea...." I lied. At the moment there wasn't any pain but I'm sure there would be once I started walking. I injured myself during one of my games. One of the most important games of my life and now I'm out for the rest of the season.

" Here you go." Angela hands the water to me. Chubbs was still standing next to me watching my every move.

" I'll wait until we're in the truck." Chubbs nods and sits back down. Lately, I've been taking more of these pills than I was supposed to. Chubbs noticed and has been on my back, since.

" I called the hospital, and they said that your mom is awake but she's not talking to anyone," Chubbs says.

" Is she better?" 

" Somewhat. She doesn't know anyone, the dementia is getting worse."

" Oh, maybe I should get her in a better facility." I grabbed my phone to make some calls.

" Nigga she needs you as well! It's getting worse! Why is this the first time you're seeing her in years?" I shook my head not wanting to get into it with Chubbs.

" Look! I call her! Plus I don't want to see her like that!"

" So you just abandon your mom and leave her in a nursing home? As much as she did for you when we were younger! Shit me too! She basically fuckin raised me!"

" Chubbs, I'm making sure she's getting the best help. That's all I can do! Half of the times that I've called, she doesn't even know who she's talking to. How do you think that makes me feel? I just don't understand why this started affecting her so early in age."

My mom always had my back on everything I wanted to do. I started playing basketball at a very young age and she made sure I succeeded. My mom worked three jobs to provide for me and my brother. She always made sure we had everything we needed. My dad was in the streets and was never in our lives. She didn't want us to end up like my dad. Well, my brother did but that's another story. Of course, my dad popped up when there were talks of me going to the NBA. In college, he tried to play daddy but I wasn't with it. He and my brother got closer, unfortunately.

" We've landed." One of my bodyguards helped me up and handed me my crutches. I was able to walk but with the crutches, there would be less pain.

" Woah, that's Aubrey Graham." I heard someone say as I was helped down the stairs. I looked over to see a couple of guys looking my way while loading our bags into a separate truck.

" Yo, Drake!!" I nodded to them while getting into the back of my truck.

" Are we going to your mom's or the hospital?" Chubbs asked.

" Uh, my moms. I want to get settled in and then go and see her.

" Bruh...." I ignored the look on Chubbs face and sat back and went through my phone.

The ride from the airport to my mom's house was a good thirty minutes. I thought about my mom's house. I bought it for her once getting into the NBA. My first big purchase. After she was put in the nursing home, I thought about selling the house. After giving it a lot of thought I decided to keep it. Maybe she'll be able to move back in one day.