Chapter 8

Solána POV (The next morning)

" I don't want you around that Nigga, Solána!"

" What's the big deal, Dre? We're just friends!" I paused in the mirror while doing my hair.

" Just friends? That nigga still wants you! I saw how he reacted to seeing me. His reactions toward you. Him pulling you to the side before we left! What did he say?" I stood in the doorway of my bathroom and watched Dre. He was getting ready for work.

" We were just discussing something about his mother! My patient, remember?" I turned back around and finished my hair.

" That better had been all that you were discussing."

" And if it wasn't?" I muttered, he didn't hear me. He walked into the bathroom with me and leaned down to kiss me.

" Are you coming by for lunch?" I asked.

" Yea, I have a few cars today,, so I'll be done by 12:30, probably. I'll meet you at 1." I nodded. He kissed me once more before leaving. My phone went off and of course it was Aubrey.

Aubrey😊: Good Morning. Dinner tonight? Just us?

I let out a sigh after reading his message. I know I said I wanted to make this friendship work,, but I also don't want to complicate things in my relationship. My relationship with Dre is great. We're not perfect! Yea, we have normal disagreements, like most couples.

Me: Good morning. I'll l have to see. I'm working a double tonight. Maybe I can get away.

Aubrey😊: Well, how about I bring dinner for you? That way, you don't have to leave. I was going to have dinner cooked for you last night, but.....

Here he goes....

Me: I'm sorry, Aubrey. Anyway, that's fine. Come to the hospital around 7:30. We'll eat in my office.

Aubrey😊: Ok💕

(Hospital)

" So why the fuck did you bring Dre to Aubrey's?" That's the first thing Naomi says to me as I walked through the doors. Other Doctors and nurses greeted me. Naomi? Nope, she gets straight to the point.

" Can we not talk about this here?" I picked up a few charts.

" Nope! We're talking about it! I want to know why you would bring that no good, mooching ass nigga to the love of your life's house?" Someone handed me a few things to sign off on. Nai stood right next to me, waiting.

" Dre is the love of my life, Nai." She gave me a stank face.

" That nigga ain't shit!" She said louder. A few people looked at her, and she returned a look.