Chapter 5

Solána

Nai and I were at lunch

Nai and I were at lunch. She was going on about Chubbs. They went out last night and she was all smiles. I knew she liked him when we were younger, but she was stuck on Meek's crazy ass. Which turned into a whole damn mess.

" So, yea. I asked him if he would move back to Miami, and he said that it was going to happen. Did you know that Aubrey was moving back?" She asked.

" Yea, we discussed it yesterday." Placing my phone down and taking a bite of my turkey club.

" Oh, so you talked?"

" Yes, Nai." I looked around before looking at her.

" What was said?" Giving me a look before going back to her soup.

" He apologized."

"That's it?"

" Yea, he explained himself and apologized. He wants to be friends again, and he asked to take me out, but I declined." I took another bite from my turkey club and ate a fry. Nai sat her spoon down and gave me another look.

" You didn't discuss anything else?"

" No!" I received a text, and it was Aubrey asking if he could take me to lunch. I let out a sigh and responded by saying I'm at lunch now.

" Lana! You need to talk to him!"

" There's nothing to talk about! We talked." I sat my phone back down and pushed my sandwich to the side. I didn't feel like eating anymore.

" Ok,"

" Ok."

" Ms. Val is back home now?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm so happy! You just don't know! That place was doing more damage than helping." She nods in understanding.

" That's good! With Aubrey being back, I know she's happy as well."

" Nai, she talked about him a lot, just wishing that he would come back. It really hurt me on the days when she couldn't remember him. He'd call, but would only talk for like five minutes because he was so hurt that she didn't know him."

" I'm sure things will get better! There will be some difficult times, but at least he's here now!" I nodded in agreement.

" You're off tomorrow, right?" I asked.

" Yea."

" Let's have a beach day, I'll bring M......" She cut me off before I could continue

" Can I invite Chubbs?" I rolled my eyes and smiled.

" That's fine!" She reached for her phone and started typing away. I shook my head, but then I thought about it.

" You know that Aubrey will probably come too." She smiled. I shook my head.