Chapter 36

Aubrey

" What did you say, Baby?" I eyed her

" What did you say, Baby?" I eyed her. She got up and walked out.

" Nothing!" I got fast and stopped her by pulling her arm.

" Nah, fuck that Imani!! Repeat that shit!" I had the biggest smile on my face. She rolled her eyes and wouldn't say anything.

" You having my baby?"

" I am."

" Solána baby!! Do you know how happy I am? How far along are you?" I pulled her into my arms and she sniffed. Was she crying?

" I know you are and I'm exactly two months." I pulled away from her and stared at her

" When did you find out?"

" A couple of days ago.."

"Please tell me these are happy tears? What's wrong?"
I asked while wiping her tears.

" I don't know. Like I'm happy but at the same time I'm scared." She looks down.

" Baby, there's nothing to be scared about. I'll be here! You won't be doing this alone. This will not be like the first time."

" Or the second time." She mumbled. I kept my eyes on her and she wouldn't look at me.

" The second time?"

" Yes, I shouldn't have kept this from you but this was a bad decision on my part. I didn't want to relive it.."
She tried to walk away but I wouldn't let her.

" Solána, explain this to me."

" I got pregnant... again. I was 20."

" Who?" That was all I could ask.

" Nick." She mumbles. I know she didn't just say that nigga.

" NICK?? So.. So...Wait a minute Solána! You got pregnant by him and what happened?" She finally looks up at me.

" He thinks I got an abortion. For a year I went to Tampa to go through training before I continued another semester. I had the baby there and gave him up for adoption. I was still down about losing our twin baby. I didn't want to kill that baby so I went through with the pregnancy and had him. He went to a family that lives in Georgia. They allowed for it to be an open adoption. I see him on his birthdays or when they invite me to different things. His birthday is coming up, he'll be nine."

" What's his name?"

" Tristian, they allowed me to name him."

" Why did you keep this from me?" She looks down and starts crying again.

" Like I said I didn't want to relive it. It was a really hard thing to do. Even though I see him, he doesn't know that I'm his mom or that he has a big brother. Nick tried to force me to get the abortion. He didn't want his wife to find out and then after a couple of years, he felt bad and tried being a dad to Malik. I'm so sorry I kept this from you." I watched her break down in front of me. I pulled her into my arms.