Chapter 11

Aubrey POV (1 month later)

I just landed back in Miami, I was in L

I just landed back in Miami, I was in L.A. for 2 weeks. There was a meeting with The Lakers about my future with the organization, which ended when I walked out of the building. I was done with them and I couldn't wait to start fresh! I was already getting offers from several teams, but I wanted to be 100% before I make that decision. Most people were thinking I was going to Miami since I moved. I had a great offer from them, so we'll see.

" You want to stop anywhere before you head home?" My driver asked.

" Nah," I replied while responding to messages.

" Did Lana invite you to her birthday dinner?" I stopped texting and turned to Chubbs.

" Birthday dinner? Nah... I haven't gotten anything." I picked up my phone and went through my messages to see if I missed one from Solána. The last text I received from her was her telling me to have a safe flight.

" Isn't her birthday tomorrow?" He asked me.

" Yea..."

" Well, damn."

" Nah, it's cool. I'm sure she doesn't want an issue with her man." I put my focus outside as we drove. Of course, I remembered her birthday was tomorrow. I actually bought her a few things while I was out in California. I'll stop by her place later and give her the gifts I have for her.

" Nai said that she's been keeping to herself lately. Not really talking to her or anyone..." I noticed that too because she wasn't responding to my messages after that night she slept over. The text since that night has been the safe flight text.

" She's been feeling some type of way since she spent the night." Chubbs glanced at me.

" When did she spend the night?"

" The night I got fucked up, and you left me to die!"

" Nigga! I didn't tell you to drink the whole bottle! So what happened? Y'all fucked?" I shook my head.

" Nah, nothing like that. She just fell asleep in my bed with me. We woke up all cuddled and shit. She was uncomfortable, I guess. She dipped out so fast, like we did do something."

" You sure your drunk ass didn't do anything crazy! That's probably why she's not talking." I waved him off.

" Nah," We pulled up to the house. I saw my brother's car. He's been here, along with my aunt, while we were gone. He had his kids with him too. My mom was so excited to meet her grandkids. I got out of my truck carefully. I didn't need the crutches anymore, but I was still taking it easy. Tyler came out with his kids. Both ran to me and hugged me.

" Wassup!"

"Uncle Aubrey, can we play basketball!" Tyler's son TJ asked.

" I can't but once I'm 100 percent, I'll be on the court with you! Later we'll go down to my gym and I'll watch you shoot around. I'll shoot a little with you!" Tyler's daughter Amaya was riding the bike that I bought her to have here. I was excited about having a niece and nephew and went out and bought hella stuff for them to keep at my house.