Chapter 24

Solána

It's been a few days since that night happened

It's been a few days since that night happened. I've been nervous about going places even if I'm with someone. We didn't tell Malik what happen, but he's definitely asking questions about why I've been acting a little differently. Nick has been calling my phone nonstop and sending me text messages. Asking if I'm ok or if I need anything. I don't understand why he's asking these questions if he's the one that sent that guy after me.

Aubrey said that the person that hired the guy to rob me was named Brooks. I just want to know why Nick would hurt me. I'm so confused. I understand that he wants to be together, but this isn't the way. I decided that I was going to call him and get answers.

" Solána? Baby, are you ok?" He asked after picking up on the second ring.

" No, Nick! The way things are going, you aren't either!"

" What are you talking about? I've been worried sick about you. I was told that someone tried to rob you. The crazy thing is that I heard from Jocelyn."

" Wait what?

" Yea, she sent me a message saying that I might need to check up on you because you were held up at gunpoint and robbed!" He says.

"How did she know?"

" Solána, I don't know! You know, all she does is gossip and shit. I called you immediately after to see if it was true, but then I came to work and found out it was true. I'm so sorry this happened to you! Have the police found out who it was?"

" Yea." I lied while sitting here in thought.

" That's great, baby! Did they hurt you? Are you home? I would like to see you. Just to see for myself that you're ok. Was Malik with you? Is he ok?" He goes on.

" No, he wasn't and he didn't hurt me. Nick, I'm not home and no you can't see me. I don't feel comfortable around you."

" Baby, I'm sorry for saying what I said the other day! You know I didn't mean it. I'm just so frustrated with myself for hurting you, years ago."

"Please stop calling me baby! Look, Nick. I'm going to go. I just.... I have to go, bye!" I hung up and sat my phone to the side.

" Aubrey!" I called out. I stood up and walked outside. He was laying back in the lounge chair like he was tanning or something.

" Aub?"

" Yea, baby?" He sits up and holds his hand out to me. I grabbed his hand just as he pulled me down in the chair with him.

" I don't think it was Nick."

" Why do you say that?" He looks at me.

" I just called him."

" Why the fuck would you call him?"

" I wanted answers, and he basically gave them to me. He said that he got a text from Jocelyn saying that he probably needed to check on me because she heard that I was held up at gunpoint. He tried calling me immediately but of course, I wasn't picking up. So when he went to work the next morning, he found out it was true when you called to let them know."