Chapter 2

Solána

" What is he doing here?" I panicked

" What is he doing here?" I panicked. Ok, so I obviously know why he's here, but he's never attempted to come back for his mom any other time. I'm the one who checks on her every day at the nursing home. She gets a visitor every once in a while. The only family she has are her sons, and neither one comes to see her. Aubrey pays for everything, and she's able to get the best of help, but that isn't the same.

"Lána! Did you see who popped up?" Naomi, my best friend since we were in middle school, asked. She rushed over to me.

" Yea... I can't be near him. I need to take some time off. Not only that, but I'm sure he's going to be here for a little while." I checked my charts.

" Solána! You can't hide from him forever! You've moved on! So much time has gone by. You two just need to talk." She gives me a knowing look.

" I can't Nai. The last time I saw him, he was in bed with some bitch! Do you know how that made me feel!?"

" You broke up with him! You told him to pursue his dream and to forget about you. I know he expected a lot from you, by wanting you to drop everything and follow him. You should've at least tried." We walked into my office and I closed my door.

" That's no excuse to go off and fuck some stripper hoe the next day! He told me that he was done and that he never loved me!" I sat down.

" You know damn well that he was hurt and just trying to hurt you! That nigga loved you to death and everybody knew it!" She argues.

" Well, we weren't meant to be." I stared down at a picture that was on my desk. The love of my life. I smiled.

" Talk to him. It's been twelve damn years!"

" I'll pass," I mumbled while getting on my computer. I needed to get this time off.

" He looked good, too! Isn't he injured right now?"

" Yea, a torn ACL..."

" Damn, you follow his career like that?" I looked up from my computer and frowned.

" It was all over social media, how can I not know?"

" Mmmhmm. I'm certain! Anyway, did you see Chubbs?"

" No, I left out of there so quick all I saw was those eyes staring back at me!"

" Let me tell you! Fine as fuck! Why didn't I date him in high school?"

" Because you were stuck on you know who..." I glance at her.

" Oh..... Yea...... him.... Fuck that Nigga!"

" Mmmhmm, exactly!" I gave her a look.

" Bitch, don't look at me like that! Back to you and Aubrey..." I didn't respond, and thankfully she got paged and had to leave.