Chapter 16

Solána Flashback

"Solána, you've been living here for a month and I can't have you doing nothing

"Solána, you've been living here for a month and I can't have you doing nothing. I know you have a baby, but you need to work." I looked up from feeding Malik. Anthony had walked in with one of his girls.

" Well, you're the one that told me to quit my job at the gas station." I shook my head. He's so up and down.

" Nah, you don't need to be working in a damn gas station. I'll tell you what, you can either work for me in the streets or at my club." He said while eying me.

" She should definitely come work with us." The girl that came in said while smirking at me. Anthony look at her like he was giving it some thought.

" Shut the fuck up! You know better than to speak unless I tell you to." That smirk was gone, and she turned around and walked out of the room.

" Anthony, I don't know anything about the streets or your clubs. I'll just work at McDonald's or something. I'll need to find a good babysitter or daycare."

" Solána, you aren't working at McDonald's. You pick one of the choices I gave you!" I looked down at Malik. I really didn't want to be on the streets again. Not only that, but I hate that I have to depend on Anthony. H does make sure that Malik has everything he needs. We have our own bedroom and bathroom. I know this won't be forever, it's just until I can figure out how to get back into school.

" Fine, I guess I'll work at the club." He smiled.

"Yeah, I'm definitely going to make money off of your ass." I heard him mumble. I didn't get him at first. It wasn't until he had his girls taking me shopping for everything that I needed one day and then I figured it out.

" Anthony, I'm not stripping! Give me my son!" I yelled after storming into his house. He was sitting in his TV room while feeding Malik.

" First off, calm your tone, Solána! You know I don't tolerate disrespect. I let you slide just because you're my son's girl! Second, you'll do as I say unless you want to be on the streets and I take my grandson away from you!" I stood there with tears. He stands with Malik.

" I'll go to Ms, Val's."

" You'll have a lot of explaining to do, and I'm still going to take this baby boy from you. You'll never see him again, trust me." I grabbed Malik from him and held him close.

" Fine."

" It won't be hard for you. My girls will teach you everything you need to know. Man, I see why my son was so in love with you!" He looked at me from head to toe. All I could do was cry.

End of Flashback

" He offered me a job." I saw the wheels turning in Aubrey's head.

" Solána...."

" He told me that if I lived there then I'd either have to work for him, which was dealing I guess. Or work at his club." I kept my eyes on Aubrey, he was still in his thoughts.