Chapter 12

Solána

Waking up the next morning, I felt good! Today was my birthday

Waking up the next morning, I felt good! Today was my birthday. I don't usually make a big deal out of my birthday, but for some reason, I wanted to have a nice dinner with a few friends and Dre. I really wanted to invite Aubrey, but I just didn't want there to be any issues. Last night, I was so surprised at all he bought me for my birthday. I loved everything, but I still felt that I didn't deserve it. He always went over the top for my birthdays, when we were younger.

Going downstairs, I spotted a card and a balloon. After getting my coffee started, I sat down and opened the card. I couldn't help but smile as I read the lovely birthday message it contained.

" So sweet." My phone rang. Seeing that it was Nai, FaceTiming me once I picked it up.

" Yes?" I smiled.

" Happy birthday, Lover!!" She went on to sing happy birthday.

" Awww, thank you!!!" I smiled. She was definitely outside.

" I'm ready to get drunk tonight!"

" Oh, please, Nai! You know you can't handle too much liquor!"

" Happy Birthday, Lana!" I heard before she pointed the phone in Chubb's face.

" Aw, thank you, Chubbs! Are y'all at the beach?" I asked while getting up to get my coffee.

" Yea, we decided six-something this morning." I shook my head.

" Her spur-of-the-moment ass, Lana." I laughed because he was right. She would always do that.

" Where's Dre, Lana?" I shrugged while looking into the camera.

"I don't know, I haven't seen him since yesterday morning." Nai shook her head.

"Girl, he didn't even make you breakfast or anything?" I shook my head.

"Nope..."

" Trifflin, nigga!" I heard her mumble.

"It's fine. He probably had numerous cars today." I watched as she was looking to the side with a smirk on her face.

"How long are y'all going to be at the beach?" I asked, but Nai was still looking away from the phone. She finally looked back and grinned.

"What was that?" She asked

" Never mind, girl. I'm about to fix myself something to eat."

" No... No! Just chill, you'll get something." She said just as a notification popped up.

Aubrey😊: Happy Birthday, Imani!🥳🎉🎂🎈🎈Can I take you to breakfast, since I'm not invited to dinner?😉😏

" Did you tell, Aubrey?"

" No." She smirked.

" Well, why is he asking to take me to breakfast after your ass just told me not to fix myself breakfast?" She shrugged.