Chapter 23

Solána

" $567

" $567.98, is your total." I slid my card in and waited. I had to go out and buy more scrubs since most of my clothes were destroyed. Nick is getting crazier and crazier now. Before I could even respond to what he said. He blinked a few times and then apologized repeatedly before leaving! I really can't wait until he leaves. Aubrey showed up a few minutes later. I hid my emotions and enjoyed our little time together before I went back to work.

"Thank you." The worker handed my bags to me and smiled.

" Have a nice night!" I walked out and went into another store to buy a few things. It was a little after eight and the mall would be closing soon. My phone rang while I paid for a few things I got for Malik.

" Yes, Aubrey?"

" Where are you, love?" He sounded like he was eating.

" I told you, I had to stop and buy a few things since some were destroyed."

" Oh shit. I thought you said you were going tomorrow. Baby! I could have given you my card!" He says.

" Aubrey, I can pay for my own things! I don't need you constantly buying me things. Especially things that I can buy." I was handed the shopping bags and walked out.

" Nah, I'm not having that. When you get here, I'll give you some money, or I'll send you some."

" Ok," I didn't feel like arguing. He would definitely turn this subject into an argument.

" Leek! You need to hustle more!!!" He yelled.

" Coach Graham! I'm going to need to stop yelling in my ear, love!"

" My bad! Your son thought I was playing with him when I said he was working tonight. The lil nigga did about 5 percent of what he was supposed to do today. Jaylen did his classwork, but the boy was on his game most of the day."

" Well, take his game from him and his phone if he's going to play around."

" We don't need to go that far. He's learned his lesson." I shook my head and chuckled.

" You're new to this, so I'll let it slide, but you'll learn."

" Baby, I got this."

" Mmhmm. So, I'll call you back. I need to make a few more stops and I'll be there. Do you need anything?"

"Aight, my love. I love you."

" I love you too!" We both hung up, and I stopped in one more store.

On my way out of the mall, I stopped to look for my phone. I know I put it in my purse after talking to Aubrey. Wait, I think I left it in the last store. I turned back around to go back. Once getting to the store, I noticed that they were about to close.