Chapter 4

Aubrey POV ( Next Day)

Today I felt better. I got a call saying that my mom was being transferred back to the nursing home. I'm glad she's better but I did feel different about it this time. The whole night, Solána's words kept replaying in my head. I shouldn't have my mom in this nursing home. My only worry is when I start playing again she'd be by herself. I could hire someone to take care of her. I don't know... I really need to sit down and think about this. I'll also ask my mom if this is what she wants.

" You ready to go?" I looked up from my phone as Chubbs walked into the living room.

" Yea, I been doing some thinking. What do you think about me moving my mom in?" He put his phone away.

" Like moving her out to L.A.?" I nodded.

" Yea, Solána had me thinking a lot last night. I shouldn't have my mom in that nursing home. I am fully capable of having her live with me. I'll hire someone to take care of her while I'm on road."

" Man, you can't move her out to L.A. I get what you're trying to do but she needs to stay in Miami. Why don't you buy a place out here? You're going to be out next season too, and if you don't quit popping those pills like they're jelly beans you'll be out for good! Don't think I don't see you, nigga! I catch that shit again? I'm taking them from you. You're getting addicted!" I shook my head.

" I'm not! I take them when needed! I'm not taking more than I'm supposed to! Fuck you, Chubbs!" He lets out a laugh.

" Aight, cool! Do what you want, nigga! Let's go!" He gets the keys and walks out. I slowly followed him.

On the way to the nursing home, I thought about what Chubbs said about buying a place down here. He's right but I hate Miami. As soon as I was able to leave, I left! My mom wouldn't come with me but I wish she would've. Another reason she didn't come was that she started talking to my father again. I won't get into that.

" I'm going out with Nai tonight." I glance over to Chubbs and smirked.

" I figured that would happen."

" Yea, we talked all last night. Shit was like when we were younger just better conversation." He laughed.

" Do you know if Solána is married or...." He gave me a look once he stopped at a red light.

" I don't know, we didn't talk about Solána's love life. Ask her yourself."

" Man, that ain't happening. She hates me." I looked out the window as we passed a shopping area. I remember I used to pick up Solána after she got off work. She worked at the grocery store. Man, she hated that job.

We arrived at the nursing home and went through the gate. I looked around, this place was the best down here in Miami but I knew that mom hated it. Walking to the front desk, Chubbs gave my mom's information. We were asked to show ID but a voice stopped us.