Chapter 26

Aubrey (The next day)

" Thanks, bruh." I glanced over at Chubbs once I was handed my things. I had just posted bail and now had to deal with these charges and go to court.

" Man, what happened? Lana tried to explain to me, but she was crying the whole time."

" Basically, that nigga was being a bitch and got the shit beat out of him. He's pressing charges and is going to sue." I explained.

" Damn, man! Well, you know the media got wind of it and are outside." Chubbs said as we walked toward the exit.

" Shit!" I put my hat on and hood over my head.

" You ready?" I nodded and we walked out. There were people everywhere taking pictures and asking questions.

" Drake, is it true that your son was involved in drug activity?"

" Drake, how is your son?"

" Drake, why did you attack that doctor?"

" Drake, is this going to affect your relationship with the Miami Heat?"

" Move out of the way!" My security pushed them away. I was able to make it to the car without lashing out.

" Fucking vultures!"

" Are you allowed at the hospital?" Chubbs asked.

" Fuck, I don't know even know. Let me call, Lana." I grabbed my phone and dialed her number. She didn't pick up. Shit, I hope she isn't mad at me. I'll wait to call her back.

" I still can't fucking believe that this happened to Malik, man!" Chubbs says while rolling his blunt carefully.

" Right! Like, what the fuck were you that mad about that you had to stab a 12-year-old kid? Things are going to change after this. He's not going to like it, but someone will have to be with him at all times. We're already changing schools. I need to get them permanently moved in with me. I just don't trust these niggas out here."

"Yeah, I get you! Do what's best for your family. Too much has been happening." He sparks up just as my phone rings.

" Baby?"

" You're out! Goodness, I was so worried." She went on

" Baby, I wasn't in prison, calm down!" I chuckled.

" Hush! I'm not used to this shit?!" She mumbles. I sat back and got comfortable.

" I know, love. Same here! How's my boy?"

" He was up for a little bit, he's going to be ok. This will be a long healing process for him, but he'll be ok. He asked about you." I listened to Lana and couldn't help the tears that were falling. This kid has changed my life so much in the little time we've known each other. It's crazy because he was already changing it before I knew he was my son. We just connected. Somebody tried to take him away from us, and that just doesn't sit right with me.