Chapter 35

Solána

" Thanks, Dr

" Thanks, Dr. Rowe." My patient says as walked out of her room. It was the end of my shift and I couldn't wait to get home. It's been 2 days since seeing all that on social media. I know Aubrey will be back in town today. I'm not sure if he's back or what.

" Are you ok, Lana?" Nai walked up to me.

" Yea, just tired and sick again. I'm not getting sleep at all"

" Lana! You've been sick too much lately!"

"It's because I'm not sleeping and eating right. I just need time to sleep." I walked into my office and was surprised to see Aubrey.

" Get out," I mumbled as I sat down.

" No, we need to talk."

" There's nothing to talk about. You're off on the road having the time of your life with women." I reached for some documents that were on my desk.

" Solána, it's not like that with her. She's just a friend that I met recently."

" A friend? I friend that you're out to dinner with! A friend that you're hugging on! A friend that you were about to kiss." I read through the documents while he watched me.

" First, that dinner wasn't just with her! Chubbs was there and a few others that work for the team. Second, I wasn't about to kiss her, Solána! She hugged me! You know how the paparazzi are when they're snapping photos." I kept my eyes on my documents trying to ignore him.

" You hear me?"

" No." He let out a frustrated sigh."

" Baby, nothing is going on. I would not mess up what we have. You know I want a life with you! We are a family. I'm so fuckin hurt, my son won't even talk to me."

" Aubrey I don't know what you want me to say. I don't like how you handle our problems. As soon as you are upset with me, you turn to another woman." He looked down.

" Ok, that was wrong." We sat in silence until I started feeling bad again.

" Can you hand me water?" I pointed to the mini fridge in the corner

"Yea." He gets up and gets my water and then hands it to me.

" Thanks."

" Imani, what's wrong?" I opened the bottle of water and gulped it down like it was nothing.

" Just tired."

" Baby!" He got up and walked out. I could hear Nai and him talking. What was she doing? Standing by my door?

" Lana, get checked out again." Nai walks in with a look of concern.

"I'm fine, I'm just tired. I keep telling y'all but you don't believe me."