Chapter 15

Aubrey (A month later)

My son? So she lied to me? On the day she was supposed to have the abortion,  I received a call for a last-minute meeting about school and basketball

My son? So she lied to me? On the day she was supposed to have the abortion, I received a call for a last-minute meeting about school and basketball. I couldn't miss it. I tried to get her to go the next day, so I could be there with her, but she wanted it done that day. So she went with Nai and got it done, or so I thought.

Malik is my son... So much is making sense now that I think about it. He had my high school jersey, the authentic one. Few people have it, but I know Solána had one. His birthday is on November 11th and Solána has that 11/11 tattoo. The one that really had me was when I saw his ball at her house. One of the basketball balls that I signed for him. I should have known something was up then. Her having the basketball hoop. Shit definitely makes sense now.

I know I shouldn't have walked away from her, but I just couldn't handle it at that moment. Shit, I'm still feeling some type of way, right now. She's been calling me nonstop since I left her place that night. I realize it's been a month, and we need to talk. I also feel bad because I'm certain Malik is confused right now. Wait, did he even know that I'm his father? I sure as hell hope he didn't think that trash as nigga, Dre was his father. I wonder what his last name is. Shit, I need to get back to Miami.

" So I love being on the islands, but uh, when are we going back to Miami?" Chubbs asked as he and Chris walked into our Villa.

" Tomorrow!"

" Nigga, you still haven't explained to us why you wanted to dip off." He's right, I just said let's go on Vacation and of course, they were down. Solána must not have told Nai about all that has happened because I'm sure she would have told Chubbs by now. She can't keep her mouth shut about anything. Well, let me take that back. She kept her mouth shut about Malik.

" I just needed to get away. With my mom's health, Anthony popping back up, and my knee. I'm just stressed as fuck. Then I have the league on me." I looked down at my phone, I was going to send Solána a text.

Me: Hi, I'm coming back to Miami tomorrow, can we talk?

" I feel you," Chris says.

" Guess I better go pack. I was just about to fly Nai down here." Chubbs laughed. I didn't need him doing that. She'd be all on my case. She texted me just as much as Solána called. I looked down, thinking I'd get a response from Solána quickly, but I didn't. I guess she's working or busy.

My thoughts went back to Malik. I really have a 12-year-old son. I really wish she would have said something to me. Thing's definitely would have been different. We could have made it work, I think. I don't know. I always find myself looking at his Instagram page. I followed him and his friends that day, I signed everything for them. He had a lot of posts with my highlights. I now see that he and I look alike some, but he mostly takes after Solána. My phone buzzed and I looked. It still wasn't Solána, it was Jada. I had invited her down the week after I got here. I just needed to take my mind off of everything, but she started acting crazy again.