Chapter 22

Solána.

I looked around while walking in

I looked around while walking in. Everything downstairs was destroyed. I'm not even sure how the upstairs looks. I hope whoever did this didn't destroy my baby's room. Who would do this? The crazy thing is that my cameras around the house don't show anyone entering or exiting. They must have hacked my camera system. I looked outside to see Malik standing by Aubrey's truck. Aubrey was talking to a few officers.

" Ok, thank you." I heard Aub say before walking over to me.

" Don't touch anything they're going to fully investigate this, shit! You check upstairs?" I shook my head.

" No, I was waiting on you."

" Come on. Let's see if anything is missing." We walked upstairs, I looked toward Malik's room to see the door cracked. We walked into my room and everything was everywhere. Pictures frames were smashed. The art on the wall was gone. Walking into my closet, I saw all my clothes on the floor, sliced.

" Shit," Aubrey says. I turned around to see him looking at where all of my jewelry was kept.

" What?"

" Most of your jewelry is gone, including the jewelry I just bought you."

" Oh my God, Aubrey! I'm so sorry!"

" Nah, baby! I'm not mad! That shit is replaceable. I'm just glad you and Malik weren't here. God, if something had happened to you two, I don't know what I would've done. This stuff is replaceable." I let out a sigh and walked out to Malik's. Pushing the door opened with my foot, I saw all of his things everywhere. None of his valuable items were stolen.

" Come on, let's get you out of here and let them do their job. Get your bag and let's go, baby." I nodded and grabbed a few things that I would need. We walked downstairs to see Malik staring at a broken picture of us.

" Ma, who did this?"

" I'm not sure, Pooh." We walked out while Aubrey talked more with the police.

" Aight, I don't want y'all here until they find out who did it."

" Aub!"

" Nah, Solána. I don't want to hear it. You're staying at my place." He drove off.

" I'll send for your cars if you want." I looked out of the window.

" I'm cool with it, dad. I think I should move in, anyway!"

" That would be up to your mother, kid! If you're moving in, your mom is too."

" Excuse me?" I turned to Aubrey and rolled my eyes while he smiled.

" You heard me." He glanced at me with a look that said, try me.

Aubrey's House

" So they don't know who did it?" Nai asked while we sat sipping on whatever Chubbs and Aubrey made.