Chapter 14

Flashback

Solána

I sat down on my bathroom floor in tears

I sat down on my bathroom floor in tears. This is the last thing we need right now. How am I going to have a baby and go to school? Aubrey will leave soon for UCLA. He still doesn't know that I decided not to go to UCLA with him. I've been so scared to tell him. This is something that we talked about since 10th grade. In the beginning, I honestly had plans to follow him,, but then I realized that it wasn't actually what I wanted.

" Ok, I'm here! Your dad is downstairs,, but his girlfriend is here." Nai said, walking into my bathroom and closing my door. I looked up at her with tears streaming down my face. Nai gets on the floor and holds me.

" Lana..."

" I don't know what to do, Nai!"

" So I'm guessing you took it?" She asked.

" Yea, positive."

" Here, take another one." Nai reached into her bag and pulled out a pregnancy test. She tried to hand it to me,, but I just pushed it away.

" That was my fourth one, Nai! I don't need to take anymore! They were all positive." I got louder.

" Shhhhh! So you want your father to hear!!"

" I don't know what to do!"

" Well, what do you want to do, Solána? It's your choice." She asked while rubbing my back.

" I can't have this baby! I'll have to raise him or her by myself! Aubrey will be in California."

" Lana, I'm sure he'll want to stay if you tell him."

" I can't do that to him, Nai! This is his dream!" I stood up and threw the pregnancy test away.

"Well, what about your dreams?"

"I can't have this baby!" She stares at me before nodding.

" Are you at least going to tell him?" She asked, while standing up.

" No!" We both walked out and went into my room.

" Lana! Tell him!"

" Fine! He has a right to know." Walking to my closet, I grabbed a top and some shorts. Nai walked over to me and wiped my tears.

" You have money?"

" No, I don't get paid until next weekend and I know it won't be a lot. I missed a lot of work because I was sick. " I changed my clothes.

" Well, I have like a hundred. You can have that. Just ask Jerrod, I'm sure he'll give you some money."

" No! He asks too many questions when I ask for money!" I shook my head while putting on my converse.

" Where are we going?" She asked as I grabbed my house key and bus pass.

" Down to the courts. I know he's down there. I need to talk to him now! I need this over and done with." We both walk out and head downstairs.