Chapter 30

Solána ( The next day)

" How did we get stuck with y'all?" Malik asked while we walked around downtown with Tommy and Miles

" Stuck with us? Boy this a privilege to get to walk around with us." Nai says while wrapping her arm around his shoulder and kissing his cheek.

" Why couldn't we go with Dad?" He turned to me as we stop at a restaurant.

" He has some business to take care of, so no kids," I said while the host led us to our seats.

" Chris is with him, though." He sits while Jaylen starts cracking up.

" Yea, he is a child, isn't he Leek," Nai says. I could tell that Kelly was about to say something inappropriate.

" Nope, keep that mouth shut," I said to her. She laughed while the waiter took our drink orders.

"So what are the plans for the rest of the day?" Nai asked after giving her order.

" Beach and the pool!" Malik shouts.

" You have a pool in your suite, baby boy!" Nai shakes her head.

" Yea, I know but the girls are at the main pool." He smirks as he and Jaylen dapped each other.

" What girls?"

" They met some girls this morning," I said while looking at my phone.

" Watch those little fast-ass girls," Kelly says.

" Huh? We're just going swimming." Jaylen mentions.

" Oh, I know."

" Oh, my God!" I whispered.

" What?" Nai and Kelly asked.

" They arrested Nick for first-degree murder," I said low so only Nai and Kelly could hear me.

" Damn! For real? Lawd that nigga is crazy!" Nai shakes her head.

" I just hope he keeps my name out of his mouth now!"

" So he really killed his wife? Goodness Lana, I'm so glad you got away from him!" Kelly whispers.

" Yea...." I put my phone away and looked at Malik who was turned to me.

" Are you ok, mom?" He could tell that something was wrong.

" I'm ok, pooh." I gave him a small smile. He keeps his eyes on me for a few more seconds before he went back to his conversation with Jaylen.

Our food had come out and we sat talking about different places to see here. Aubrey called me while we were eating saying that he was done with his business meeting and that he was ready to have some fun.

" The guys are on their way to meet us here."

" Yes!" Malik says while eating. I raised my eyebrows at him.