Chapter 27

Solána (Two months later)

" So, he's saying that you've had a lot of conflicts with the wife

" So, he's saying that you've had a lot of conflicts with the wife. That's true, right?" Aubrey's lawyer asked. Aubrey got his lawyer involved as soon as we heard that I've been brought into this mess because Nick has mentioned my name, several times.

" Well, yes! It started years ago."

" What happened? Please, tell me everything."

" Well, it started when I was in college and I met Nick. He became a mentor to me and I developed feelings for him. He took advantage of the fact that I was a young mother trying to make it through school. We were seeing each other for a few years. I had no idea that he had a wife. He never told me anything, and I never would have guessed it. He was always with my son and me if I wasn't in school. One day this woman showed up at my son's daycare claiming that she was his Aunt. I had no idea who. I was getting followed, and strange things started happening. Finally, I was approached by her, and she told me that I needed to stay away from her husband. At first, I didn't know she was talking about Nick, but then she mentioned him. After that, I separated myself from Nick, but he pulled me back saying that he was in the process of divorce. He gave me all these apologies and excuses, and of course, I believe every word he said! Showed me papers and all, but he lied just to get me back. His wife basically stalked me and my child until finally, I let go of Nick! I couldn't take it anymore, and I was done with his lies. I won't lie and say he didn't manage to help me through school and made sure I had a job. It's been years since Nick and I have had any type of relationship. We worked together, but that is it." I explained to him. He sat and listened while writing things down.

" It was brought to my attention that Jocelyn happened to be your son's teacher?"

" Yes! My son had to switch classes, and she happened to be the teacher. I didn't even know she was a teacher at my son's school, let alone a teacher. We took my son out of that school immediately because of the mistreatment he was receiving." My phone vibrated on the desk. I looked to see that it was Aubrey texting me.

" Ok, well, I'll go over this with my legal team and make sure we handle this situation. There's definitely a reason he's mentioning you, now." We both stands up and shake hands before he left. I sat back down and looked at the time. I had to make a few rounds before leaving. Picking up my phone, I read the text from Aubrey

Aubrey❤️🥰😘💕: Baby, just checking up on you. Everything good?

Me: Yes, I talked with Daniel. I'll be home in the next 40 minutes.

Aubrey❤️🥰😘💕: Aight, well, dinner will be ready when you get here. I love you.

Me: I love you too

At Home

" You haven't received any calls, have you?" Aubrey asked while we ate. Malik and Jaylen were eating outside on the patio, while Ms. Val sat in the family room watching TV. She had already eaten dinner.