Chapter 3 (FlashBack)

Flashback

Aubrey POV ( Freshman year)

" Man, I'm not trying to go to school, tomorrow," I mumbled while getting into my Uncle Cliff's car. He was taking me and my lil brother Tyler to get a few pairs of sneakers and clothes. Uncle Cliff was the only one on my dad's side that we fucked with. Well, he was the only one that my mom allowed us around.

" Nigga, how do you expect to make it into the NBA if you don't go to school." I glanced at him while he drove.

" Man, I don't need school I just need to be that number 1 draft pick!"

" Hell yea!" Ty reached up to dap me.

" You still need school! Go to school! Focus on the books. Focus on the game and if you have a little shorty, make sure she's down for you and supports you! Don't get too close to these other bitches out here. All they see are money signs." I nodded and thought about this girl that I'd been talking to since the beginning of summer. Solána....

I met her on the bus one day, she got on and didn't have a seat. I had my duffle bag in the seat by the window. I place it on my lap and moved over for her. At first, she declined but this old junkie Nigga started messing with her. I had to get him to leave her alone. We both were coming from the other side of the city so we had a long ride. We started talking and she gave me her number. She went to the all-girls private school that was near my grandma's house. You had to have money to go there. She said her dad had all of the money.

" Uncle Cliff, can I get two of Iverson's jerseys?" Tyler asked while we walked in.

" Yea, I got you, youngin!" We walked around to a few different stores my best friend Chubbs was already here waiting on us.

" Yo, Solána and Naomi are here, but they're with that nigga, Meek." I picked up a pair of sneakers and asked for my size.

" Solána ain't here with him! Naomi talks to him."

" That doesn't help me, nigga!" I laughed.

" Well tell Nai how you feel! We're going to the movies later. She might pop up with Solána. Tell her then." The worker brought my sneakers out and I tried them on. Ty and uncle Cliff went off to another store for clothes. He gave me a rolled-up knot. Who knows how much money this was.

"Get what you want! Uncle Cliff gave me some money." I held up the money.

" Oh shit!" He walked over to the worker to get his size in what he wanted.

" Sup, Drake!" I turned around to see Meek and Naomi. I looked for Solána but didn't see her.

" What's good!" We dapped up. He walked off to look at some shoes.

" Where's Solána?" I asked Nai. She smirked and pointed to the store across from where we were.

" In Rave." I walked over to Chubbs and gave him a few bills

" Yo, pay for our stuff." He nods and I left out. Hopefully, nothing pops off with him and Meek. I know how Chubbs can get. I walked out and headed over to Rave. I walked in and several girls smiled at me. I looked around for Solána and found her looking at jeans.

"Looking good plenty tight... Is there any more room for me... In those jeans... Really thick, like I like it... Tell me is there any more room for me... In those jeans." She turned around and smiled.

" Aubrey, you're so corny!"

" You're the only one that sees that side," I smirked.

" Mmhmm. What are you doing here?"