Chapter 6

Aubrey POV

Solána has been avoiding me since the day at the beach

Solána has been avoiding me since the day at the beach. It's been a week. She still visits my mom but would ignore me. I just don't get it, I get that she's with someone but I don't think that's what's holding her back. I bought a new house and we've moved everything in two days ago . My mom is excited since it's on the water. She asked if I could buy a boat as well. I couldn't help but laugh and agree to buy her a boat.

" My mom is loving this shit, already..." I said to Chubbs as we both watched her. She was sitting on the patio, looking out at the water.

" This is what she needed..."

" You're right..." Chubbs glanced at me.

" Wassup with you?"

" Solána...."

" She's still avoiding you?" I walked into the kitchen to grab a drink.

" Yea, this shit is getting to me." I went through my phone to see that I had interviews set for this week. News broke that I moved back to Miami and now there's talk of me being traded.

" Just give her some space, nigga! You show up after years and immediately want to try again with her." I sat there in my thoughts.

" I need to find out who this nigga is that she's with."

" Man, leave that shit, alone! Focus on your mom and getting yourself better! That's something you don't need right now. Plus I'm not trying to catch a charge for helping your ass fight a nigga! All due to your feelings being hurt!"

" My feelings aren't hurt," I mumbled.

" Yea..... ok. Are we still going to this game, later?" I looked up. Shit, I forgot about the young bulls games. I missed the one yesterday.

" Uhh, yea. We can go. I don't have anything else to do. I'll just let the nurse know we'll be gone. Plus I'm sure my aunt will be here with my mom too." He nods while typing on his phone. I'm sure he was texting Naomi. It's crazy how they reconnected but I can't even have a decent conversation with Solána. Shit now she's back on my mind.

" There you go again..." I looked up confused.

"What?"

" Off in Solána land, again."

" I'm not thinking about her. I'm thinking about these interviews."

" Yea, honestly I would only do the ESPN one but it's up to you." I nod and continued to think about Solána. I grabbed my phone again and sent her a text.

Me: I'm sorry....

" I'll do ESPN, call and set up a time for me." He nods and walks off. I looked down at my phone seeing that Solána was typing.

Solána🌍❤️💕: We'll talk, Aubrey...

Well, that might be a good sign. I was debating whether to text her back but I decided not to. I didn't want to do anything that might irritate her. I got up just as my Aunt walked in.