Wait time: 22 minutes 2

This is my puppy in a reindeer head band :3

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" She was going on and on. Living with two annoying brothers, you learned to tune things like this out. However, Norma, only having an older sister, looked like she was about to explode.

"Are the ye-" Her stomach growled and she whimpered.

"ARE WE THERE YE-QUIET! Ugh! At this rate, Barney's gonna get there first for sure." Norma sighed. "Does it really matter if he gets there first?" You asked and Norma looked like she was about to feed you to Courtney herself. "YES."

"Uh, guys? A little help please?" You could hear pugsley's muffled voice say. You looked over to see Courtney consuming his head. You both quickly ran over and pulled him out.

"I said you could have a little bit, not a whole pugsley." He said as she rubbed her face before spitting out his little hat. "Courtney, stop tryna eat pugsley. Pugsley, stop offering to be eaten. We'll get food after the ride." Norma said.

"But I want it nowwww!" Courtney whined, having another three year old at Walmart tantrum.

"I could go and get her some food." You offered and Courtney jumped up with this look on her face like she hadn't eaten in months.

"No! Then we'll be an odd number!" Norma complained. "No, you won't! Because pugsley will still be here! Ride with him!" You suddenly realized your parents are probably still out there. "You know what Norma? You're right. I'm staying right here." You said, and she smiled, satisfied.

~time skip~

You were waiting in line, while Courtney chased pugsley around.

"C'mere you little hotdog! Just a nibble!" "Ahh! No! Get Away!

You both got a notification on your phones. It was from the group chat.

"Help, I can't do this on my own." You read. "He's not alone he's with logs." Norma said. Was this girl serious? "That's what he's afraid of." Pugsley explained. "They're in a public place, and logs is known to Barney. The risk level seems low to me." She said. Norma sometimes your total obliviousness just blows my mind. (Comment if you know what I referenced)

You got another notification on your phone. "Ahhhh, I'm freaking out. And then there's like, 20 emojis! Scared face,😱 green vomit face,🤢 a cat with horns👿... and a little white flag 🏳️?" She read confused. Pugsley shrugged and you face palmed.

"Oh my god, he's gonna ruin this for himself. Just tell him to be himself." You said. "Ooh, yeah! That's what the movies say." Norma said, and as soon as she sent it, you got another  notification.

"I don't want to be myself."

"Pssst! Guys!" You heard a familiar voice call. You looked down to see Barney.

"Guys, you gotta help me. I'm so bad at this." He said.

"Hey! I'm the socially awkward one. Stop stealing my thing." Norma glared.

"This is different. I really like logs. Like, like like him. Oh, I can't do this! Y/n, how did you get Courtney to like you?" He asked and you blushed.

"Uhhhhh, I don't think i did.... But if I did, it was by BEING MYSELF." You say.

Ugh, no! I can't be myself! Pugsley! You've got to have learned some sort of spell for something like this. Like a confidence booster charm, or a spell that fills my brain with... jokes or... something!" Barney said desperately.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Last time pugsley used magic, he summoned a witch." Norma pointed out. "Technically, she was a hag." Pugsley corrected and Courtney teleported over, becoming interested. Yeah, and he did save us, so let's give it a shot." You suggested.

"You said you didn't want to be yourself? Well This is the spell for you." Pugsley landed on a page.

"That looks bad."

Pugsley picked up the book. It glowed and his eyes turned completely white.

"Uh, pugsley?"

After a moment, he started to lick the air, which made you slightly uncomfortable.

"What is he doing??" Norma asked. "Oh, nothing weird. He's just possessed Barney that's all." Courtney said casually. "WHAT?!" You and Norma yelled in unison. "But then where's Barney?" You asked.

~time skip~

You had to carry pugsley since the line was starting to move.

"Alright, that's it! I wanna go." Courtney said, holding out her hand. "Absolutely not. Barney trusts pugsley and-" Courtney gasped dramatically. "Wait, you guys don't trust me?" She asked trying to sound shocked. "Well maybe she does, but no." Norma said, pointing at you, and you shrugged. You trust Courtney when she's trustworthy.

"Eh, fair enough. Of course you shouldn't trust me. But, I've read a ton of documentaries about human courting rituals, so I know I got this." She said confidently.

"Uh, not quite Courtney. First of all, reality dating shows are fake as fuck, second of all, when you think about it, humans technically do have mating rituals, but they are extremely complex. Therefore, you probably shouldn't-" but while you were saying all that, Courtney grabbed the book from pugsley.

"Fucking great." You muttered .