chapter 4.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ but even when the moon looks like it's waning...it's actually never changing shape. Don't ever forget that. ❞

- ai yazawa.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

After that one visit, Y/N found themselves being in the presence of the massive giant at least once every few weeks. He once told them that he would have visited more if it weren't for the missions he was sent on, to which he explained what missions they were. When he visited after that, he explained the whole of the Demon Slayer corps to y/n, who understood it pretty quickly.

Every time Himejima visited, he continued to explain what was left off, and soon enough, Y/N knew everything there was to know about the Demon Slayer corps, the breathing techniques, demons – and how some have unnatural abilities – and about his master Oyakata-sama, who is the leader of the corps.

It had been a quite a few months – the wind having a nice, refreshing smell, along with the leaves of the trees turning a pleasant green and Himejima was here for a second visit within two weeks, which was rare, given how many missions he had been on recently. He once told them that the missions were completely random, he could have missions on end, but sometimes it could go a day or two with none. Most of the time he visited, it had already begun to get dark. He never commented on this, but Y/N knew it was because he wanted to protect them whenever they were over, and to make sure they were alright.

"A tea, Himejima-san?" Y/N asked, holding a cup of their favourite tea themselves.

Himejima nodded, his beads rattling as he set himself on the part of the carpet, he had deemed his (which was just a small part of the carpet that he sat on every time, Y/N didn't know if it was because he knew where that space was, or he just liked to sit on that part of carpet). "Yes."

Y/N got busy to making the gentle giant's tea, wondering if they should ask the question they'd been dying to ask ever since the both of them talked about that area.

"You have questions, Y/N?" Himejima spoke up, Y/N's face remained stoic, but a part of their soul left them. They calmed down before nodding.

"Could you explain more on breathing techniques, Himejima-san?"

"Of course," Himejima replied, "It makes me glad you are interested in such topics, as breathing techniques are derived from the first ever breathing technique made, which was Sun Breathing."

Finishing his tea, Y/N gave it to him and sat opposite, intrigued.

"Breathing techniques after Sun, became the primary techniques – Fire, Wind, Water, Thunder, and Stone. Breathing techniques can be made by certain individuals whose body does not suit any of the breathing types made, so they create their own, to make it easier on their body. Such people have a hard time mastering, or even just starting the primary breath techniques."