chapter 49

❝ you're dripping like a saturated sunrise
you're spilling like an overflowing sink
you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece. ❞

- colors, halsey.

[ second update is here! hope you guys enjoy the double update

[ second update is here! hope you guys enjoy the double update. <3
dlmlu update, i might be able to get out tomorrow, but i'm not sure, but it should be out soon, but now with most of my exams done, i'm more free!

i've also been very excited to write this friendship since i realised they would meet in this book...]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

After the meeting had finished, and Y/N was able to get away from the onslaught of questions aimed at them and Akaza and tight hugs from Mitsuri (thanks to Kiriya allowing them back into the estate). Y/N was able to get Akaza into his small form and get him into the wooden box that completely shut out any sun.

Knowing it'd be best to visit a certain someone first, Y/N made their way to the Butterfly Estate, knowing Shinobu would already be back there, monitoring the three Slayers that had stayed in a coma, even after a month had passed - Shinobu had muttered in passing how Zenitsu would be set to wake up soon.

At least they had that to look forward to - finally seeing the three awake.

Stepping foot into the garden, a hand grabbed onto Y/N's own, making them look up at Shinobu who had a somewhat genuine smile on her lips.

"So...?"

Y/N sighed with an amused smile, "Let's go to your office, he's been wanting to talk shit about him for a while."

"Oh my..." Shinobu's smile turned sly, a glint of maliciousness in her violet gradient eyes, "This'll be fun."

Once the two (and Akaza) and gotten to Shinobu's office, she shut the door and Y/N put the wooden box on the floor, letting Akaza come out, grumbling about how it was too small and cramped in there. He immediately turned into the adult version of himself, then turned to Shinobu.

"You want to kill Douma, yes?"

"Yes."

Y/N looked between them, trying not to laugh. Douma deserved what was coming or him, no matter what history they had together.

"Good, because so do I."

Shinobu smirked, holding her hand out for Akaza to shake, "Kocho Shinobu."

He shook her hand, "Akaza."

Y/N wiped a fake tear, "Kanae-san would be so proud."

Shinobu shot them a look of disbelief, yet a hint of amusement twinkled in her eyes.

"Yes, yes." Shinobu hushed Y/N, turning back to the demon, "What do you know about him?"

Akaza shrugged, "His Blood Demon Art is cryokinesis. I don't know the specifics of his abilities, considering I would rather chop my own head off before I willingly met with him outside of necessary meetings. I know he doesn't take anything seriously, and he doesn't feel any emotions."